Prof. Dr. med. Dirk Vordermark
Germany, Halle (Saale)
University Hospital Halle (Saale)
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Dirk Vordermark. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
nonsmallcell lung cancer
head neck cancer
merkel cell carcinoma
transmacular cochleovestibular schwannomas
malignant glioma cells
soft tissue sarcoma
- 1990-1995 Studied human medicine at the Medical University of Luebeck
- 1995-1996 Studied human medicine at the University of Ulm with training periods in Goeppingen (internal medicine), Zurich (surgery), and Pretoria (radiology and radiation therapy)
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Defense of the dissertation at the Medical University of Luebeck: “Bradykinin metabolism in bovine tracheal epithelia”
- 2001 Postdoctoral fellow at the Department of radiation and cancer biology at Stanford University with a German Research Foundation research grant
- 2002 Fellowship of the European Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology for teaching course: “Prostate brachytherapy”
- 2003 Obtaining specialization in radiation therapy
- 2004 Habilitation and a teaching license for the subject of radiation therapy at the University of Wuerzburg: “Influence of acute and chronic hypoxia on the radiation resistance of human tumor cells: investigations using HIF-1-dependent endogenous hypoxia markers”
- 1996-2000 Doctor in an internship or scientific employee at the Department of radiation therapy at the University of Wuerzburg
- 2002-2008 Scientific Assistant at the Department of radiation therapy at the University of Wuerzburg
- 2004-2008 Senior Physician at the Department of radiation therapy at the University of Wuerzburg
- 2008 Professor and Director of the Department of radiation oncology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale)
- 2011 Director of the Department of radiation oncology at the University Hospital Halle (Saale)
- 2012-2018 Vice Dean for research at the medical faculty of the University of Halle (Saale)
- 2013-2018 Deputy Dean at the medical faculty of the University of Halle (Saale)
Awards & Memberships
- 1998 Otto Roth Prize for the dissertation mentioned above of the Society of Friends and Sponsors of the Medical University of Luebeck
- 1998 Poster Award of the German Society for Radiation Oncology for the poster: "Definitive radio(chemo)therapy of anal carcinoma: functional results and quality of life"
- 2001 German Research Foundation research grant at the Stanford University
- 2004 Hermann Holthusen Prize of the German Society for Radiation Oncology for the above habilitation thesis
- 2005 Varian Clinical Research Award from the European Society of Therapeutic Radiology and Oncology for work: "Molecular markers of tumor hypoxia"
- 2006 Poster Prize as the last author of the working group from the Hanns Langendorff Foundation on the occasion of the congress from the German Society for Radiation Oncology
- 2016 GebFra Prize for outstanding publications in gynecology and obstetrics as author group: "Sarcoma of the Uterus. Guidelines of the guidelines program of the German Society of Gynaecology and Obstetrics")
- 2018 Lilly Quality of Life Prize for the project: "Evaluating and stabilizing the quality of life of older tumor patients"
- Listed in the FOCUS list of physicians in radiation therapy
- Preparation of numerous therapy guidelines for the German Cancer Society and German Society for Radiation Oncology
- Participation in German Academic Exchange Service-funded training programs of the medical faculty for East Africa (Regular Lecturer at summer schools in Sudan)
- Deputy Chairman of the ethics committee
- Deputy Chairman of the Saxony-Anhalt Cancer Society
- Chairman of the working group for large devices
- Chairman of the specialist and examination committee for radiation therapy of the State Medical Association of Saxony-Anhalt
- A spokesman for the "Tumor Micromilieu" Network in the German Society for Radiation Oncology
- Member of the advisory board of the Krukenberg Cancer Center of Halle
- Member of the supervisory board of the University Hospital Regensburg
- Member of the study committee "Hodgkin's lymphoma" of the Society for Pediatric Oncology and Hematology
- Board Member of the pulmonological-oncological working group of the German Cancer Society
- Member of the medical office for radiation therapy of the State Medical Association of Saxony-Anhalt
- Member of the board of the Saxony-Anhalt Cancer Society
- Member of the German Society for Radiation Oncology
- Member of the German Cancer Society
- Member of the radiation oncology working group of the German Cancer Society
- Member of the organ committee on the uterus of the gynecology working group at the German Cancer Society
- Member of the neuro-oncological working group of the German Cancer Society
- Member of the Society for Pediatric Oncology and Hematology
- Member of the working group on pediatric radiation oncology of the Society for Pediatric Oncology and Hematology
- Reviewer for the German Research Foundation
- Reviewer for the German Cancer Aid
- Reviewer for the German Children's Cancer Foundation
- Reviewer for the Wilhelm Sander Foundation
- Reviewer for Netherlands Organization for Health Research and Development
- Reviewer for the Netherlands Organization for Scientific Research
- Reviewer for the Swiss National Science Foundation
- Reviewer for The Brain Tumor Charity
- Consulting Editor for "BMC Cancer"
- Scientific Advisory Board Member and Editorial Board Member for "Radiotherapy and Oncology"
- Editorial Board Member for "Radiation Oncology"
Plasma β-synuclein, GFAP, and neurofilaments in patients with malignant gliomas undergoing surgical and adjuvant therapy.
23 August, 2023
Correlation between Circulating miR-16, miR-29a, miR-144 and miR-150, and the Radiotherapy Response and Survival of Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer Patients.
16 August, 2023
Endometrial Cancer. Guideline of the DGGG, DKG and DKH (S3-Level, AWMF Registry Number 032/034-OL, September 2022). Part 1 with Recommendations on the Epidemiology, Screening, Diagnosis and Hereditary Factors of Endometrial Cancer, Geriatric Assessment and Supply Structures.
15 August, 2023
Ernst-Grube-Straße, 40, 06120
Halle (Saale), Germany
About this place
Halle is a beautiful city in the southern part of the German state of Saxony-Anhalt, with more than 239,000 inhabitants. Lying on
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Dirk Vordermark?
The primary specialization of the doctor is radiation therapy.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Dirk Vordermark
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Dirk Vordermark
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main of Goethe-University
diagnostic and interventional radiology