Prof. Dr. Silvio Danese
University Hospital San Raffaele Milan IRCCS
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. Silvio Danese. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
endoscopic vacuum therapy
- 1999 Degree in Medicine, Catholic University School of Medicine, “A. Gemelli” Hospital, Rome, Italy
- 2003 Residency in Gastroenterology, Residency Program in Gastroenterology, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
- 2001-2002 Post-doctoral Fellowship, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- 2002-2004 Research Associate, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- 2004 Ph.D. in Metabolism, Catholic University School of Medicine, Rome, Italy
- 2006-2008 Staff member, Gastroenterology Unit, Department of Gastroenterology, Istituto Clinico Humanitas, Rozzano, Milan
- 2007-2014 Teacher, School of Medicine of Università degli Studi di Milano, Milano, Italy
- 2008-2021 Head, IBD Center, Department of Gastroenterology, Humanitas University, Rozzano, Milan
- 2013 Professor of Gastroenterology, National Scientific Habilitation, Italy
- 2013 Professor of Internal Medicine, National Scientific Habilitation, Italy
- 2015-2020 Director, Residency Program of Gastroenterology, Humanitas University, Rozzano, Milano, Italy
- 2015-2021 Professor of Gastroenterology, Humanitas University, Rozzano, Milano, Italy
- 2016-2021 Director, Immunocenter, (IBD, Rheumatology, Dermatology) Humanitas University, Rozzano, Milan
- 2019 Faculty Member, Ph.D. Program in Molecular and Experimental Medicine, Humanitas University, Rozzano, Milano, Italy
- 2021 Professor of Gastroenterology, Vita-Salute San Raffaele University, Milano, Italy
- 2021 Director, Gastroenterology and Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit, University Hospital San Raffaele, Milan
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the European Crohn´s and Colitis Organization
- Member of the Americal Gastroenterology Asociation
- Member of the Physiological Society
- Member of the Italian Society of Gastroenterologists
- 2011 5 years grant from European Community on Immune mediate diseases. Work package coordinator
- 2011 4 years grant from NIH for the project: The lymphatic system in Inflammatory bowel disease
- 2012 2 years Grant from The Broad Foundation for the project: The role of Triggered Receptor Expressed on Myeloid cell-2 (TREM-2) and intestinal flora in colon cancer development
- 2013 3 years Grant from AIRC for the project: The role of Triggered Receptor Expressed on Myeloid cell-2 (TREM-2) and intestinal flora in colon cancer development
- 2013 3 years Grant from the Italian Ministery of Health for the project: New cellular and molecular mechanisms in Colitis-Associated Colorectal Cancer: implications for innovative therapeutic approaches
- 2013 4 years Grant from the Italian Ministery of Health (FIRB-Futuro in Ricerca) for the project: New cellular and molecular mechanisms in Colitis-Associated Colorectal Cancer: implications for innovative therapeutic approaches
- 2014 2 years Grant from Humanitas Research Hospital for the project: The role of TREM-2 in IBD pathogenesis: implications for novel therapeutic approaches
- 2017 3 years Grant from AIRC for the project: Role of TRPV-4 in the pathogenesis of Colorectal Cancer
- 2017 2 years Grant from the Broad Medical Research Program for the project: Resolution of IBD by promoting endogenous lipid-mediated pro-resolving pathways: a novel approach to pathogenesis and therapy
- 2020 Coordinator of a 5 year Grant from the Horizon 2020, H2020-JTI-IMI2-2018-15 IMI, Innovative Medicines Initiative 2 for the ImmUniverse project: Better control and treatment of immune-mediated diseases by exploring the universe of microenvironment imposed tissue signatures and their correlates in liquid biopsies
- 2020 Coordinator of a 3 years grant from EURONANOMED III for the project: Gut-targeted RNA based nanoparticles for fibro stenotic Crohn’s Disease: a novel therapeutic approach
A challenging endoscopic approach to an unexpected case of extraluminal recurrence after rectal surgery.
The first international Rome consensus conference on gut microbiota and faecal microbiota transplantation in inflammatory bowel disease.
Difficult-to-treat inflammatory bowel disease: results from an international consensus meeting.
Via Olgettina, 60, 20132
About this place
Milan is the principal city of Northern Italy and the business capital of the Lombardy region. The town is famous for its innovati
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. Silvio Danese?
The primary specialization of the doctor is gastroenterology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. Silvio Danese
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. Silvio Danese