Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Frantz
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1989-1991 Study of Medicine, University of Regensburg
- 1991-1994 University of Wurzburg
- 1994 University of Western Ontario, London, Canada
- 1994-1996 the University of Wurzburg, 3rd State Examination
- One-year practice in Neurology and Cardiology at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, USA
- 1996 Title of the Candidate of Medical Sciences
- 1996-1997 Intern, University Hospital Wurzburg
- 2006 Specialisation in Cardiology
- 2006 Doctoral thesis defense in Therapy, Venia Legendi, and appointment to the position of Private Docent
- 2006 Certified Specialist in Health Economics
- 2007 Additional qualification in Intensive Care
- 2012 Permission to provide advanced training courses in Intensive Care for doctors
- 1998-2000 Department of Cardiac Surgery, Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston University School of Medicine, USA
- 2000-2007 Assistant Physician at the University Hospital Wurzburg
- 2007 Senior Physician of the Intensive Care Unit
- 2009 Head of the Department of Emergency Medical Care and Admission Unit
- 2010 Board Member and Scientific Director of the Comprehensive Heart Failure Center Wurzburg
- 2010 Deputy Director of the Department of Internal Medicine I, University Hospital Wurzburg
- 2014 Director of the Department of Internal Medicine, Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg
- 2014 Chairman of the Professional and Examination Board for Cardiology, Federal State Association Saxony-Anhalt
- 2017 Director of the Department of Cardiology, Endocrinology, Nephrology, and Pulmonology, University Hospital Wurzburg
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the European Academy of Sciences
- Member of the German Society of Internal Medicine
- Member of the German Society of Cardiology
- Member of the German Diabetes Association
- Member of the American Heart Association, Council on Basic Cardiovascular Science
- Member of the European Society of Cardiology, Working Group on Myocardial Function
Inability to work following COVID-19 vaccination-a relevant aspect for future booster vaccinations.
2023 Focused Update of the 2021 ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure.
25 August, 2023
TREM2 restricts cardiac inflammation and hypertrophy in hypertensive mice.
21 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Frantz?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, cardiology, nephrology, pulmonology, endocrinology, metabolic diseases and geriatrics.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Stefan Frantz