Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Deckert
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1977-1984 Studied Medicine at Julius-Maximilians-University Wurzburg
- 1985-1988 Research Fellow, Unit on Neurochemistry, Biological Psychiatry Branch, Bethesda, MD, USA
- 1987-1988 Fogarty Fellowship
- 1985 Thesis in Human Medicine
- 1997 Habilitation in Psychiatry
- 1991-1992 Assistant Physician, Department of Neurology, Ruhr University Bochum
- 1994-1996 Research Associate, Institute of Human Genetics, Friedrich Wilhelms-University Bonn
- 1988-1998 Assistant Physician and Consultant Psychiatrist, Department of Psychiatry, Julius-Maximilians-University Wurzburg
- 2004-2006 Professor of Molecular Psychiatry, Wilhelms-University Munster
- 2006 Professor and Chairman, Department of Psychiatry, Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy, Julius-Maximilians University Wurzburg
- 2008-2012 Board, Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research, Medical Faculty, Julius-Maximilians-University Wurzburg
- 2010 Board, Comprehensive Heart Failure Center, Medical Faculty, Julius-Maximilians-University Wurzburg
- 2010 Coordinator, German Academic Exchange Service Project SouthEastEurope on “Post-traumatic stress disorder”
- 2010-2012 TaskForce Orpheus-Association of Medical Schools in Europe-World Federation for Medical Education Standards in Europe
- 2014 Speaker, Center of Mental Health, Julius-Maximilians-University Wurzburg
Awards & Memberships
- 1985-1987 Disabled Facilities Grant, Education Grant
- 1994-1996 Disabled Facilities Grant, Habilitation Grant
- 1998 Organon Prize of the German Society of Biological Psychiatry
- 2003 Wyeth Prize of the German Society for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology
- 2007 Section Head “Neurobiology and Genetics” of the German Society for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology
- 2011 Board, German Society for Biological Psychiatry
- 2015 Advisory Board Max-Planck-Institute of Psychiatry
- 2017 Cochair Psychiatric Genomics Consortium Anxiety
45 years German Society of Biological Psychiatry (DGBP).
Sex-related differences in motor unit behavior are influenced by myosin heavy chain during high- but not moderate-intensity contractions.
The application of virtual reality exposure versus relaxation training in music performance anxiety: a randomized controlled study
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Deckert?
The primary specialization of the doctor is psychiatry, psychology, psychotherapy and psychosomatics.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Jurgen Deckert