Prof. Dr. med. Johannes Kruse, Ph.D.
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied human medicine
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1988 Ph.D. at the Heinrich Heine University in Duesseldorf
- 2001 Habilitation at the Heinrich Heine University in Duesseldorf
- Obtaining specialization in psychosomatic medicine and psychotherapy
- Received additional qualifications in the field of psychoanalysis and psychotraumatology
- 1984-1985 Assistant Doctor at the Department of Psychiatry at the Rhenish Landes Clinic Viersen
- 1991-1996 Research Assistant (C1) of the Department of psychosomatics and psychotherapy at the Heinrich Heine University in Duesseldorf
- 1996-2009 Deputy Director of the Department of psychosomatics and psychotherapy at the Heinrich Heine University in Duesseldorf
- 2009 Professor of the Department of psychosomatics and psychotherapy at the University Hospital Giessen
- 2011 Director of the Department of psychosomatics and psychotherapy at the University Hospital Giessen
Awards & Memberships
- 2003 Roman Prize of the German College for Psychosomatic Medicine and Psychotherapy
- 2011 Heigl Prize of the Heigl Foundation
- 2012 Chairman of the German Society for Psychosomatic Medicine and Medical Psychotherapy
- 2015 Member of the scientific advisory board for psychotherapy
- Member of the working group on medical psychotherapy from the German Medical Association
- A spokesman for the standing conference of Medical Psychotherapeutic Associations: “Medical psychotherapy”
- Head of the working group on mental health from the joint state committee of Hesse
Femoral or Axillary Cannulation for Extracorporeal Circulation during Minimally Invasive Heart Valve Surgery (FAMI): Protocol for a Multi-Center Prospective Randomized Trial.
17 August, 2023
Public Service Announcements: An Innovative Strategy for Introducing Competencies in Population Health.
11 August, 2023
The multicenter effectiveness study of inpatient and day hospital treatment in departments of psychosomatic medicine and psychotherapy in Germany.
7 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Johannes Kruse, Ph.D.?
The primary specialization of the doctor is psychosomatic medicine, psychotherapy, and psychoanalysis.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Johannes Kruse, Ph.D.