Prof. Dr. med. Huppke Peter
University Hospital Jena
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Huppke Peter. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
relapsingremitting multiple sclerosis
central nervous system
- 1988-1994 Studied human medicine at the Georg-August University in Goettingen
- 1994 Defense of the dissertation: “Gene defects as a cause of chronic hemolytic anemia as a result of a pyruvate kinase deficiency”
- 1996 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1997 Resident at the Center for pediatrics, Department of general pediatrics at the Georg-August University of Goettingen
- 1997-2003 Resident at the Center for pediatrics, Department of neuropediatrics at the Georg-August University of Goettingen
- 1998 Electroencephalography certificate from the German Society for Clinical Neurophysiology
- 2002 Obtaining specialization in pediatrics
- 2003 Habilitation and a teaching license for pediatrics
- 2005 Received additional qualifications in the field of neuropediatrics
- 1993 Practical year in internal medicine and surgery in Hamilton and neurology in Goettingen
- 1995-1996 Internship at the Center for pediatrics, Department of general pediatrics at the Georg-August University of Goettingen
- 2000-2021 Consultation hours for pediatric metabolic diseases
- 2000-2021 Consultation hours for patients with Rett Syndrome
- 2003-2021 Senior Physician at the Center for pediatrics and adolescent medicine, initially mainly responsible for the general pediatric ward
- 2007 Responsible mainly for the neuropediatric ward 3031 at the Center for pediatrics and adolescent medicine
- 2007-2021 Senior Physician at the German Center for multiple sclerosis in children and adolescents
- 2008 Adjunct professorship for pediatrics
- 2021 W3 Professor and Director of the Department of neuropediatrics at the University Hospital Jena
Awards & Memberships
- 2004-2008 German Research Foundation individual application: "Studies on the clinical spectrum, pathophysiology and therapy of Rett Syndrome"
- 2005-2011 German Research Foundation project, Research Center for Molecular Physiology of the Brain: "Analysis of brainstem dysfunction in Rett syndrome and development of therapeutic strategies"
- 2008-2011 Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany Joint project: "European Rett Syndrome Network"
- 2009-2012 German Research Foundation individual application: "Studies on the clinical spectrum, pathophysiology and therapy of Rett Syndrome"
- 2010-2013 German-Israel Foundation project: "Redesign of aminoglycosides to fix default genes: potential treatment of human genetic diseases"
- 2012-2014 FA Biogen project: "Research contract to determine the seroprevalence of anti-JCV antibodies in a cohort of pediatric MS patients and possible influence of a JCV infection on the course of the disease"
- 2017-2018 German Research Foundation project, Research Center for Molecular Physiology of the Brain: "Readthrough of nonsense mutations in Rett syndrome"
- 2017-2024 German Research Foundation individual application: “Development of therapeutic strategies for Rett Syndrome”
Evaluation of Novel Enhancer Compounds in Gentamicin-Mediated Readthrough of Nonsense Mutations in Rett Syndrome
A genome-wide association study in autoimmune neurological syndromes with anti-GAD65 autoantibodies.
1 March, 2023
Clinical, serological and genetic predictors of response to immunotherapy in anti-IgLON5 disease.
13 February, 2023
Am Klinikum, 1, 07747
About this place
Jena is a small but beautiful city with about 110,000 inhabitants and 25,000 students. The city is located in the federal state of
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Huppke Peter?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neuropediatrics.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Huppke Peter
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Huppke Peter