Prof. Dr. med. dent. Sven Otto
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1993-1996 Dr. Wilhelm Andre Gymnasium Chemnitz
- 1996 University entrance certificate
- 1996-1997 National service
- 1997-2002 Dental course at the University of Leipzig
- 1998 Scientific pre-examination
- 2000 Dental preliminary examination
- 2002 Dental state examination, license to practice dentistry
- 2002-2006 Medical course at the University of Leipzig
- 2003 Medical preliminary examination
- 2004 First medical state examination
- 2004-2004 Scholarship for the doctoral thesis, German Society for Aging Research
- 2005-2005 First trimester of the practical year, Department of internal medicine, University Hospital of Zurich
- 2005 Defending of doctoral thesis and promotion to Dr. med. dent., Institute of Anatomy, University of Leipzig
- 2005-2006 Second trimester of the practical year, Department of craniomaxillofacial surgery and department of visceral and transplantation surgery, University of Bern
- 2006 Resident of the Department of oral and maxillofacial surgery Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Dr. med. dent. Michael Ehrenfeld)
- 2006-2006 Third trimester of the practical year: Unit of intensive care and department of anesthesiology, Hospital of the Federal Armed Force in Leipzig
- 2006 Second medical state examination, license to practice medicine, University of Leipzig
- 2011 Defending of doctoral thesis and promotion to Dr. med., Laboratory for experimental surgery and regenerative medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich: “Oxygen supply in three-dimensional cell-scaffold-constructions for the tissue engineering of bone”
- 2012 Specialist for oral and maxillofacial surgery
- 2013 Habilitation for dentistry and oral and maxillofacial surgery and promotion to associate professor: “Clinical presentation, pathogenesis, treatment and prophylaxis of bisphosphonate-related osteonecrosis of the jaw”
- 2014 Examination and certification as a fellow of the European board of oral and maxillofacial surgery, head and neck surgery
- 2017 Specialist for plastic surgery of the head and neck region
- 2007 Member of Laboratory for experimental surgery and regenerative medicine, Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich. Main research focus: jaw bone biology, tissue engineering (Head: Prof. Dr. med. Matthias Schieker)
- 2011 Group leader “Jaw bone and osteonecrosis of the jaw” in the Laboratory for experimental surgery and regenerative medicine (ExperiMed), Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich
- 2013 Senior Consultant, Department of oral and maxillofacial surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich
- 2017 Co-Principal Investigator of AO CMF medication-related osteonecrosis of the jaw registry (international multicenter prospective study)
- 2022 Head of the Department of oral and maxillofacial surgery, Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich
Awards & Memberships
- 2014 Member of the AO CMF faculty
- 2015 Editor “Medication-Related Osteonecrosis of the Jaws: Bisphosphonates, Denosumab and New Agents” (Springer)
- 2015 Curt-Bohnewand-Prize, Ludwig-Maximilians University of Munich
- 2016 Co-Editor of “Antiresorptive drug-related osteonecrosis of the jaw – A guide to research” (AO publishing)
- 2016 Scientific Award of the German Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Intensive lipid-lowering therapy for early achievement of guideline-recommended LDL-cholesterol levels in patients with ST-elevation myocardial infarction ("Jena auf Ziel").
The Dysferlin C2A Domain Binds PI(4,5)P2 and Penetrates Membranes.
1 September, 2023
Coronary Angiography After Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest Without ST-Segment Elevation: One-Year Outcomes of a Randomized Clinical Trial.
9 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. dent. Sven Otto?
The primary specialization of the doctor is oral and maxillofacial surgery, head and neck plastic surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. dent. Sven Otto