Prof. Dr. med. Birgit Friedmann-Bette
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied human medicine
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Doctorate at the University of Saarland
- Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- Received additional qualifications in the field of sports medicine
- Habilitation at the medical faculty of the University of Heidelberg
- Obtaining additional specialization in physical therapy and balneology
- Extraordinary professorship, University of Heidelberg
- Department of internal medicine (sports medicine) at the University Hospital Heidelberg
Awards & Memberships
- 1988 Honorable mention in the Carl Diem competition of the German Sports Association for the work: "Comparative studies on the behavior of the energy metabolism including regulating hormones during endurance exercise in women and men"
- 2005 Joseph Keul Research Prize for the work: "Hypoxia as a training stimulus: effects on erythropoiesis, muscle structure, and performance"
- Listed in the FOCUS doctors' list for sports medicine
- Member of the Medical Expert Commission of the German Olympic Sports Confederation
- Member of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Member of the German Society for Cardiology
- Member of the German Society for Sports Medicine and Prevention
- Member of the Ethics Committee of the Medical Faculty Heidelberg
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Sports Medicine Section
- Member of the Journal of Clinical Medicine
Targeted Metabolomics in High Performance Sports: Differences between the Resting Metabolic Profile of Endurance- and Strength-Trained Athletes in Comparison with Sedentary Subjects over the Course of a Training Year.
10 July, 2023
Former SARS-CoV-2 Infection Was Related to Decreased VO2 Peak and Exercise Hypertension in Athletes.
18 May, 2023
Association of BMI with general health, working capacity recovered, and post-acute sequelae of COVID-19.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Birgit Friedmann-Bette?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal and sports medicine, physical therapy and balneology.
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Birgit Friedmann-Bette