Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Weymann, FECTS, MHBA
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied human medicine
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Defense of the dissertation
- Obtaining specialization in general surgery
- Habilitation and a teaching license
- 2006-2009 Department of cardiovascular surgery at the Charite University Medicine of Berlin
- 2009-2013 Department of cardiac surgery at the Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg
- 2013-2014 Specialist Registrar, Department of cardiothoracic transplantation and mechanical circulatory support at the Royal Brompton and Harefield National Health Services Foundation Trust of London
- 2016 Consultant at the Department of cardiac surgery, Ruprecht-Karls-University of Heidelberg
- 2016 Deputy Director, Department of cardiac surgery at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- 2017 Acting Director, Department of cardiac surgery at the Carl von Ossietzky University of Oldenburg
- 2019 Deputy Director, Department of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery at the University Hospital Essen
- 2020 Professor, Department of thoracic and cardiovascular surgery at the University Hospital Essen
Awards & Memberships
- 2017 President and Co-Founder of the International Thoracic and Cardiovascular Research Association
Hostile Hemodynamics in Distal Stent Graft-Induced New Entry Prior to Aortic Rupture: A Comparison of Transient versus Steady-State CFD Simulations.
28 July, 2023
Short-term mechanical support with the Impella 5.x for mitral valve surgery in advanced heart failure-protected cardiac surgery.
11 July, 2023
Long-term outcomes of valve-sparing root versus composite valve graft replacement for acute type A aortic dissection: Meta-analysis of reconstructed time-to-event data.
1 July, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Weymann, FECTS, MHBA?
The primary specialization of the doctor is cardio-thoracic and heart surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Weymann, FECTS, MHBA