Prof. Dr. med. Stephan Ehl
University Hospital Freiburg
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Stephan Ehl. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
autoimmune lymphoproliferative syndrome
familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis
respiratory syncytial virus
severe combined immunodeficiency
stem cell transplantation
cd8 t cells
hematopoietic stem cell
- 1985-1992 Studied human medicine in Aachen, Erlangen, and Munich
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1992 Defense of the dissertation at the University of Erlangen
- 1995-1998 Postdoc at the Institute of Experimental Immunology in Zurich
- Obtaining specialization in pediatrics
- 2003 Habilitation and a teaching license at the University of Freiburg: “Benefits and harms of antiviral T-cells”
- Received additional qualifications in the field of pediatric immunology
- 1993-1994 Intern in pediatrics at the Children’s Hospital Ulm
- 1998-2002 Attending Physician at the Center for pediatrics in Freiburg
- 2002-2008 Attending Physician, Department of pediatrics at the University Hospital Freiburg
- 2008-2011 W3 Full Professor and Scientific Director, Department of pediatric immunology at the University Hospital Freiburg
- 2012 Medical Director, Department of pediatric immunology at the University Hospital Freiburg
Awards & Memberships
- 1998 Research Prize of the German-Austrian Society for Neonatology and Pediatric Intensive Care
- 1999 Research Prize of the German Society for Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- 2001 Kind-Phillip Prize of the German Society for Pediatric Hematology and Oncology
- 2015 Speaker of the SFB 1160: “Immune-mediated pathology as a consequence of impaired immune reactions (IMPATH)“ in Freiburg
- 2015 Speaker of the CRC 1160
- 2016 Chaim Roifman Award
Gene editing of hematopoietic stem cells restores T cell response in familial hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis.
16 August, 2023
Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis-like hyperinflammation due to a de novo mutation in DPP9.
4 August, 2023
Autoimmunity and immunodeficiency associated with monoallelic LIG4 mutations via haploinsufficiency.
Hugstetter Str., 55, 79106
About this place
Freiburg, located on the southern edge of the German Black Forest, is a university town famous for its medieval center. Its cobble
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Stephan Ehl?
The primary specialization of the doctor is pediatric immunology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Stephan Ehl
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Stephan Ehl