Prof. Dr. med. Michael Zemlin
University Hospital Saarland Homburg
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Michael Zemlin. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
low birth weight
allergic airway inflammation
low gestational age
central catheterassociated complications
umbilical venous catheter
neonatal intensive care
spinal muscular atrophy
duchenne muscular dystrophy
vitamin d deficiency
acute kidney injury
- 1988-1995 Study of human medicine at the Free University of Berlin
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1995-1998 Doctorate at the Free University of Berlin
- 1995-2001 Preparation for board certification, Department of Pediatrics, University Hospital Charite Berlin
- 1995-2001 Specialist training, University Children's Hospital Free University of Berlin
- 1998 Thesis defense, Institute for Pathology, Free University of Berlin (Prof. Dr. H. Stein): "New molecular genetic method for the early diagnosis of T-cell lymphomas by confirming the rearrangements of the T-cell receptor genes"
- 2001-2003 Feodor Lynen Post-Doctorate Fellow of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation at the University of Alabama at Birmingham
- 2008 Habilitation, Department of pediatrics at the Philipps-University Marburg: "The antibody repertoire during B-cell maturation, ontogenesis, and immune response"
- 2013-2015 Master's degree "Health Business Administration" at the Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2003-2016 Professor, Department of pediatric and adolescent medicine University Hospital Giessen and Marburg, Philipps University of Marburg
- 2016 Director of the Department of pediatrics and neonatology at the University Hospital Saarland Homburg
- 2017 Deputy Medical Director of the University Hospital Saarland Homburg
Awards & Memberships
- 1996 Member of the German Society for Pediatrics and Youth Medicine
- 1996 Member of the German Society for Neonatology and Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine
- 1999 Research Award from Free University of Berlin
- 1999 Young Investigator Award from the European Society for Pediatric Haematology and Immunology
- 2021 Vice President of the Society for Neonatology and Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine
- Member of the German Society of Immunology
- Habilitation Commission of the Department of Medicine at the Philipps-University Marburg
[Update Perioperative Antibiotic Prophylaxis in Neonatology].
14 August, 2023
Improved awareness of physical activities is associated with a gain of fitness and a stable body weight in breast cancer patients during the first year of antineoplastic therapy: the BEGYN-1 study
Update Perioperative Antibiotikaprophylaxe in der Neonatologie
Kirrberger Str., 100, 66421
About this place
Homburg is a small town in southwestern Germany, located on the river Erbach. Despite the population of about 42,000 inhabitants,
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Michael Zemlin?
The primary specialization of the doctor is pediatrics, neonatology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Michael Zemlin
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Michael Zemlin