Prof. Dr. med. Michael Akbar
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1993-1999 University degree in general human medicine, Free University Berlin
- Practical year in orthopedics, Teaching Hospital of the University of Zurich (Dr. Ruflin)
- Practical year in surgery and orthopedics/spinal surgery, University of California (Prof. S. Garfin)
- Practical year in rheumatology, University of Bern (Prof. M. Seitz)
- 2001-2008 Resident, Department of orthopedics I+II in the Orthopedic University Clinic Heidelberg Foundation (Director Prof. V. Ewerbeck; Director Prof. HJ Gerner)
- 2002 Inaugural dissertation to obtain a medical doctorate in the faculty of human medicine at the Free University of Berlin: “Molecular biological studies on the expression of the endothelial calcium-activated potassium (BKCa) channel subunits”
- 2008 Specialist in orthopedics and trauma surgery
- 2012-2013 Lautenschlager scholarship from the University of Heidelberg with a clinical-scientific stay, spinal deformity service, division of spine surgery in the Hospital for Joint Diseases of the New York University School of Medicine (Prof. F. Schwab; V. Lafage)
- 2013 Obtaining additional qualification in the field of special trauma surgery
- 2015 Basic and master certificate of the German Spine Society
- 2016 Obtaining additional qualification in the field of special orthopedic surgery
- 2017 Habilitation in the field of orthopedics and trauma surgery, University of Heidelberg: “About the pathological changes in the shoulder joints in long-term paraplegics with complete wheelchair dependence”
- 2000-2001 Doctor in an internship in the Surgical Clinic and Polyclinic I of the Benjamin Franklin University Hospital of the Free University of Berlin (Prof. H .J. Buhr)
- 2008 Senior Physician in the spinal surgery section, Center for orthopedics, trauma surgery and paraplegiology, Clinic for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery at the University of Heidelberg (Director Prof. V. Ewerbeck)
- 2015-2020 Head of the spinal surgery section, Center for orthopedics, trauma surgery, surgical responsibility for the Clinic for Paraplegiology at the University of Heidelberg
- 2020 Department of complex surgery of the spine and scoliosis, Department of neurosurgery and spinal therapy, Helios Hospital Berlin-Buch (Chief PD, Dr. Yu-Mi Ryan)
- 2020 Department of orthopedics and trauma surgery at MEOCLINIC Berlin
- 2020 Surgical medical director of MEOCLINIC Berlin
- 2020 Creation of EXPERTS FIRST
Awards & Memberships
- 2000 Research grant awarded by the German Society for Vascular Surgery and Meadox/Boston Scientific Germany
- 2006 Publication Prize of the Foundation Orthopedic University Clinic Heidelberg
- 2010 Vernon L. Nickel Award of the American Orthopedic Rehabilitation Association for the work: “Prevalence of rotator cuff tear in paraplegic patients compared to controls. A Case-Control Study”
- 2015 3rd poster prize at the 10th German Spine Congress in Frankfurt am Main for the contribution: “The sagittal profile of the cervical spine in patients with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis”
- 2017 Research Promotion Prize of the German Foundation for Spinal Cord Injury
- 2018 Member of the advisory board of the journal “The orthopedist”
- 2020 Member of the advisory board of the Bundesverband Scoliosis Self Help
- Member of the German Spine Society
- Member of the EUROSPINE, the Spine Society of Europe
The correlation between serum levels and placental tissue expression of PLGF and sFLT-1 and the FIGO grading of the placenta accreta spectrum disorders.
Sustainable remediation of dye-contaminated wastewater using novel cross-linked Hex-CCP-co-PPT microspheres.
Concurrent application of bacterial-mediated and mycosynthesized ZnO nanofungicides to maintain high ascorbic acid and delay postharvest decay of apricot.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Michael Akbar?
The primary specialization of the doctor is orthopedics and traumatology, spine surgery and scoliosis.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Michael Akbar