Prof. Dr. med. Hermann Reichenspurner, Ph.D.
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1979-1985 Studied human medicine at the University of Munich
- 1985 Graduation to practice medicine
- 1985-1986 Resident at the Department of cardiac surgery, University Hospital Munich-Grosshadern
- 1987-1989 Resident at the Department of cardiothoracic surgery, Groote Schuur and Red Cross Children's Hospital University of Cape Town
- 1987-1992 Postgraduate student for the degree of Doctor of Philosophy at the University of Cape Town
- 1989-1991 Resident at the Department of general surgery, Hospital Traunstein, Teaching Hospital, University of Munich
- 1991 Fellowship-exam for general surgery
- 1991-1994 Fellow at the Department of cardiac surgery, University Hospital Munich-Grosshadern
- 1994 Fellowship-exam for thoracic and cardiovascular surgery
- 1994 United States medical licensure examination
- 1994-1996 Postgraduate student at Stanford University
- 1982 Medical Clerkship at the Department of cardiovascular surgery, Stanford University
- 1984 Internship at The Department of anesthesiology and internal medicine, University Hospital Munich- Grosshadern
- 1984-1985 Internship at the Departments of general surgery and cardiac surgery, University Hospital Munich- Grosshadern
- 1995 Fellow in heart and lung transplantation, Department of cardiothoracic surgery, Stanford University Hospital
- 1996-1997 Cardiothoracic Surgeon, Co-Director, heart and lung transplantation, Cardiovascular Insitute, University Hospital Dresden
- 1997-2001 Associate Professor, Department of cardiac surgery, University Hospital Grosshadern of Munich
- 2001 Professor and Chief, Department of cardiovascular surgery at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf
Awards & Memberships
- 1984 Philip Caves Award by the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- 1987 "Foerderpreis" Award by the University of Munich for the MD-thesis
- 1988 President Award by the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- 1997-2001 Director of the projects: "Minimally invasive cardiac surgery - lung- and heart-lung transplantation - ventricular assist devices"
- 1999 "Franz J. Kohler Prize" of the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Board of Directors at the International Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Member of the European Society for Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Member of the German Society for Thoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Member of the German Transplant Society
- Editorial board of the Heart Surgery Forum
- Editorial board of the Journal of Heart and Lung Transplantation
- Editorial board of the “Innovations”
Subannular repair in secondary mitral regurgitation with restricted leaflet motion during systole.
24 August, 2023
Transvenous lead extraction of implantable cardioverter-defibrillators: A comprehensive outcome-and risk factor analysis.
Impact of on-pump and off-pump coronary artery bypass grafting on 10-year mortality versus percutaneous coronary intervention.
1 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Hermann Reichenspurner, Ph.D.?
The primary specialization of the doctor is general, thoracic, and cardiovascular surgery, transplantology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Hermann Reichenspurner, Ph.D.