Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Stallmach
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1978-1985 Studied human medicine at the Free University of Hamburg
- 1983-1985 Defense of the dissertation, Department of pediatrics at the University Hospital Hamburg-Eppendorf: "The effect of gliadin fractions on the culture of intestinal cells – the studies of the enterotoxicity and immunogenicity of partial gliadin hydrolysates in the pathogenesis of celiac disease in vitro"
- 1985 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1985-1986 Research Fellow at the Department of internal medicine with a focus on gastroenterology
- 1986-1988 Research activities within the research project funded by the German Research Foundation: "The significance of extracellular matrix in gastrointestinal diseases" and provision of special consultations for patients with chronic inflammatory bowel diseases
- 1988-1993 Research Fellow at the Department of internal medicine with a focus on gastroenterology
- 1993 Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- 1993 Habilitation and a teaching license in internal medicine: "Expression and function of cell adhesion molecules and their changes during malignant transformation in the colon"
- 1996 Received additional qualifications in the field of gastroenterology, the theoretical basis of X-ray diagnostics in internal medicine
- 1996-1999 Scholar of the Heisenberg Foundation of the German Research Foundation
- 1997 Theoretical basis of the laboratory tests in internal medicine
- 2002 Recognition as a medical specialist in diabetology
- 1993-1994 Senior Physician, Department of internal medicine with a focus on gastroenterology
- 1994 Senior Physician in the Department of internal medicine at the University Hospital Saarland
- 2003-2006 Head of the Department of gastroenterology, hepatology, and dietetics at the Marienhospital Clinic, Network of Catholic Hospitals of Essen-North-West
- Director, Department of internal medicine (gastroenterology, hepatology, and infectiology) at the University Hospital Jena
Awards & Memberships
- 1994 Chairman of the german working group on chronic inflammatory bowel diseases
- 1996 Admission Board Member of the German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases
- 1997 Extraordinary Professor at the Saar University
- 2001 Leading Senior Physician in the Department of internal medicine II at the University Hospital Saarland
- 2001 Board Member of the working group on gastroenterology in Rhineland-Palatinate/Saar
- 2001 Election as a President of the working group on gastroenterology in Rhineland-Palatinate/Saar
- Listed in the FOCUS doctors' top lists for gastroenterology and IBD, infectiology, and food intolerances
Treatment Strategies in Inflammatory Bowel Diseases.
10 November, 2023
Editorial: If STRIDE-II is the hammer, then Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis are not the same nails-Authors' reply.
Microbiome and immuno-metabolic dysregulation in patients with major depressive disorder with atypical clinical presentation.
1 September, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Stallmach?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, gastroenterology, diabetology and infectiology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Stallmach