Health Check-up in Germany
Getting a preventive diagnosis or medical check-up in Germany is an easy and helpful way to learn about your health. The patient goes through a full range of instrumental and lab tests in just a few days. He gets a report from the doctor about his health, the risks of getting sick, and ways to keep from getting sick. The results are sent to the specialist in charge for interpretation and therapy choice.
Why do I need a Health Check-up?
Everyone, even in the absence of health complaints, should periodically undergo a complete examination. After 35th, experts recommend doing it every two years. After the 50th anniversary – annually. A general health check-up in Germany guarantees accuracy in diagnosis based on a comprehensive study of all organs. Patients get a complete picture of the state of the circulatory, respiratory, digestive, and endocrine systems. At the same time, the chances of getting coronary heart disease, heart attack, being more likely to get cancer, etc., are figured out.
Recommendations of specialists
German medical experts looked at how likely it was to get sick at different ages.
These are the suggestions they've come up with:
- If you are over 25 – see your dentist once a year.
- If you are a woman over 30, do not skip your annual gynecological and breast palpation exams. Over 40 – see your mammalogist regularly.
- If you are over 40, visit an orthopedic doctor, dermatologist, and eye doctor for eye pressure monitoring.
- If you are over 50, add an examination of the digestive system to your health check-up list.
Features of health full check-ups in Germany
The process of diagnosis in any clinic in Germany begins with the initial examination. If a patient urgently needs help, doctors start to solve the problem ASAP.
The healthy check-up includes the following types of diagnosis:
- Introductory consultation. German doctors study anamnesis (symptoms and the history of diseases throughout life). Even minor complaints are essential for the diagnosis.
- Laboratory diagnostics includes general and biochemical blood tests, tests for cardiac and cancer markers, cholesterol, etc.
- Cytological and bacteriological urine tests.
- Spirometry. Determination of lung volume and respiratory performance.
- Electrocardiogram. Study cardiac activity at rest and after physical exercise (stress test).
- Ultrasound examination. Study the inner structure of the heart, thyroid, and all vital organs.
- Examining the major arteries and veins is a quick way to figure out how the blood vessels look, such as if they have thrombosis.
- Magnetic resonance imaging of the whole body with a contrast substance to see changes at the early stage.
After a check-up in Germany, the patient is given a detailed medical report and recommendations in his native language. If he needs any treatment, we offer it under the supervision of experienced doctors.
There are common check-up programs in Germany:
- Basic medical check-up - general diagnostic involving different specialists. For prevention and the purpose of initial organ and system screening. It usually requires one day.
- A comprehensive medical check-up - the broadest possible screening and examination of the body for potential diseases. Therefore, such an investigation involves the maximum number of specialists; two-three days are needed.
- A specialized comprehensive medical check-up - is carried out in a particular area. To identify specific pathologies or in the presence of apparent symptoms, 2-3 specialists are often combined. It takes 1-3 days.
How to get a full body check-up?
Choosing a clinic with the most profitable diagnostic programs must clarify all details in advance. You can ask a question to an online consultant or leave a contact phone number. The cost of medical treatment in Germany is available to many patients. It is often lower than in clinics of similar level in Spain, France, the US, and Asia.
Reasons why to get tested in Germany:
- quality of medical care in Germany;
- 100% accurate diagnosis according to more than 130 methods;
- quick results processing;
- individual medical examination program;
- the possibility of treating severe and rare illnesses;
- assistance in visa, insurance, etc.;
- accessible price.
The final cost of healthcare in Germany depends on several factors: type of center, number of studies, kind of insurance, and how long the patient stays in the clinic.
Why should we have regular screening?
Nowadays, preventive medicine is necessary to take care of your well-being. With the help of annual check-ups, people can be informed about the state of their bodies, related disorders, or risk factors. Additionally, it is possible to get instructions on preventing severe health problems.
Below are written convincing reasons why people should plan to visit doctors and conduct a scheduled medical examination:
- Early-stage disease detection - the patient may not suspect signs of the disease, so regular check-ups allow for identifying it. Experienced specialists can diagnose potentially severe or life-threatening conditions and prevent various risks before their onset.
- Increasing the chances of better treatment and cure - with early detection, getting the proper treatment in the shortest possible time increases significantly.
- Health conditions awareness - through regular medical examinations. A person gets access to vital information about their physical, psychological, and emotional state to make the right decisions for their well-being.
- Healthcare costs reduction in the future - the cost of treating a disease detected at a severe or late-stage increase significantly compared to the treatment of the same disease diagnosed at the early stage.
- Building long-term and good relations with doctors - thanks to frequent and regular examinations, patients build friendly and trusting relationships and have adequate medical care and treatment.
- Increasing life expectancy and well-being - a good doctor encourages the patient to take the proper steps to maintain good habits and a healthy lifestyle.
Leading diagnostic centers in Germany
The healthcare system in Germany presents university, state, and private clinics based on how they are run. Public (university and municipal) and private major health centers exist.
- University Hospital Charite Berlin
- University Hospital Saarland Homburg
- M1 Private Clinic Munich
- University Hospital rehts der Isar Munich
Different Christian denominations also govern church clinics. By specialty, Germany's medical system is split into multidisciplinary clinics and specialized health centers.
- German Heart Center Munich
- Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin
- Urological Clinic Munich-Planegg
- Schoen Clinic Bad Aibling
Regarding treatment, German clinics are diagnostic centers, hospitals, and rehabilitation clinics. Diagnostic centers specialize in carrying out diagnostic programs. The pros of such centers are good equipment, excellent doctors, and significant time savings.
Suppose a specific disease is known to exist or is thought to exist. In that case, outpatient and inpatient exams are done in hospitals.
Rehabilitation clinics involve restorative medicine after treatment in the hospital (oncological, neurological, orthopedic, neurosurgical, etc.).
It is necessary to choose each specific case individually. Ask us for information about medical care in Germany, the qualifications and scientific interests of clinics, and specialized equipment.
TOP 5 Check-up Clinics in Germany
Health Check-up with AiroMedical
German medicine is well-funded. Healthcare costs in Germany amount to more than 300 billion euros annually. There are many hospitals (more than 2500) and rehabilitation centers (1500) in the country. It is one of the five countries in the world where more than 80% of all clinical trials are conducted. Citizens of Germany and foreigners can be treated with special medical examination immigration programs.
Over the years, our company has collected a priceless database of the best specialists and clinics. In our choice, we look at the rating and patient review. Here are the best German clinics and doctors. For more information about medical care in Germany, please get in touch with our managers. Every day, AiroMedical coordinating doctors pick up medical solutions and organize travel. We are in touch 24/7, and with the patient, we go through the path from choosing a clinic to returning home.
The experts of AiroMedical prepare individual programs for medical tourism in Germany. They consider the medical history, age, complaints, personal wishes, and recommendations of preventive medicine in Germany. Trust your health to professionals, as thousands of other patients have left positive feedback about the check-up in Germany.
- Statistisches Bundesamt (Destatis): Social statistics
- E Medicine Health: General Medical Checkup Check List, When, and How Often
- Iam expat: Which free medical check-ups are you entitled to in Germany?
- Bundesministerium für Gesundheit: Prevention through the health check-up
- All About Berlin: How to choose the German health insurance