Prof. Dr. Ruyra Baliarda Xavier
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
World Nursing Day 2021. The nurse specialist in Cardiac Surgery
Webinar by Xavier Ruyra :"Minimally Invasive Mitral Valve Repair"
Dr Xavier Ruyra
- 1985-1989 MD, Central University of Barcelona, Clinical and Provincial Hospital
- 1991-1995 Resident in cardiovascular surgery, Department of сardiac surgery, Hospital Santa Creu I Sant Pau Barcelona
- 1996 Update sessions on Stentless Bioprosthesis (O'Brien), Bichat Hospital Paris
- 1997 Training in cardiovascular thoracoscopy (advanced level)
- 1997 Chair of surgical pathology and surgery of the faculty of veterinary medicine and minimally invasive surgery, Center Caceres
- 1997 Minimally invasive coronary artery bypass grafting course in Utrecht: "Less invasive Coronary Artery. Bypass grafting on the beating heart"
- 1997 Post-graduate course of Autonomous University of Barcelona: "Introduction to statistics in Health Sciences"
- 1997 Educational course on total arterial myocardial revascularization, University of D'Annunzio Chieti (Prof. Dr. Calafiore)
- 1997 Advanced course in surgical technique, Club Mitral, Broussais Hospital Paris
- 1998 Post-graduate course: "Aortic surgery symposium", Mount Sinai School of Medicine New York
- 2000 Post-graduate course in adult cardiac surgery mitral valve repair, an annual meeting of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery in Frankfurt
- 2000 Advances in understanding aortic diseases, Hospital General Vall d'Hebrón Barcelona
- 2001 Post-graduate course in adult cardiac surgery, annual meeting of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery in Lisbon: "Aneurysms and dissections of ascending aorta and arch"
- 2002 Symposium in Brussels on aortic and mitral reconstructive surgery: "Focus on Echocardiogrhapic and technical aspects"
- 2002 San Rafaele's fourth mitral reconstructive surgery course in Milan
- 2002 Post-graduate course in adult cardiac surgery, meeting of the European Association for Cardio-Thoracic Surgery in Monaco: "Surgery for ischemic heart disease"
- 2002 Master of valve repair, Barcelona
- 2004 Course surgery of aortic root, mitral valve and surgical approaches for atrial fibrillation, University of Nijmegen
- 2004 Aortic surgery workshop, Hospital in Toronto
- 2005 Meeting of the Society of Cardiac Surgeons, IV Live Teleconference Interinstitutional: "New trends in cardiac surgery"
- 2006 International symposium of the mitral valve, Hospital General, Gregorio Maranon University in Madrid
- 2009 The high intensity focused ultrasound energy & minimally invasive surgery course, division of cardiovascular surgery, Sacco Polo University Milan
- Edwards SAPIEN transcatheter heart valve training program, faculty of medicine, Rouen
- Course expertise in self-management for anticoagulation, Spanish Society of Thrombosis and Haemostasis
- 1989 License registration, College of Doctors of Barcelona
- 1990-1995 Clinical fellow in cardiac surgery, Barcelona
- 1995 Specialist Spanish license registration in cardiovascular surgery
- 2002 European board in thoracic and cardiovascular surgery
- Research fellow in cardiac transplantation, Hospital de Sant Pau Barcelona
- 1996-1997 Attending Cardiac Surgeon, Hospital Santa Creu i Sant Pau Barcelona
- 1997-1999 Chief of the section in cardiac surgery, Galician Institute of Technical Medicine, Meixoeiro Hospital Vigo
- 1999-2000 Attending Cardiac Surgeon, Hospital General Vall d´Hebron Barcelona
- 2000 Chief of cardiac surgery, Hospital Brothers Trias i Pujol University Barcelona
- 2000-2002 Professor in cardiac surgery, Autonomous University of Barcelona
- 2007 Chief of Department of cardiac surgery at Teknon Medical Center Barcelona
- 2014 Associate Professor in surgery, Autonomous University of Barcelona
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the Advisory Committee for Obtaining and Transplanting Vascular Tissue
- Representative of the Transplant Centers of the Hospitals of Catalonia
- Member of the Spanish Society for Cardiothoracic and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Member of the Catalan Society for Cardiac Surgery
- Active Member of the European Association for Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Member of the International Society for Cardiovascular Surgery
- Member of the Academy of Medical Sciences of Catalonia and the Balearic Islands
- Clinical Advisory Board, St. Jude Medical Incorporation
- Clinical Advisory Board, Palex Medical Incorporation
- Clinical Advisory Board, Sorin Group Italia
- Clinical Advisory Board, OnX Technologies Austin
- Invited speaker of 52 presentations
- Continuing medical and surgical educational courses of more than 4
- Mentoring responsibilities: Member of the cardiac surgery faculty with daily interactions with cardiac surgery residents/fellows
- Prosthetic band for mitral valve repair, WIPO patent application
- Device for repairing mitral valve insufficiency
- Principal inventor of heart valve sewing cuff
Perceval Less Invasive Aortic Replacement Register: Multicentric Spanish experience with the Perceval S bioprosthesis in moderate-high-risk aortic surgery
Prótesis sin sutura Perceval S (Livanova, Saluggia, Italia) en la cirugía valvular aórtica de alto riesgo. Una herramienta fundamental para el cirujano
International Expert Consensus on Sutureless and Rapid Deployment Valves in Aortic Valve Replacement Using Minimally Invasive Approaches.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. Ruyra Baliarda Xavier?
The primary specialization of the doctor is cardiac surgery, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery, cardiac transplantation.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. Ruyra Baliarda Xavier