Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Freynhagen, DEAA
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Universities of Aachen and Dusseldorf with stays abroad in England and Wales
- Practical year at the Lucerne Cantonal Hospital
- 1993 Received doctorate at the neurosurgical clinic of the University of Dusseldorf: “Cranial pressure measurement in intensive care medicine”
- 1998 Obtained the European specialist diploma in anaesthesiology, intensive care medicine, and pain therapy
- 1999-2000 Completed an extra-occupational course in health management in Cologne
- Teaching position at the Technical University of Munich
- 2009 Chief Physician at the center for anesthesiology, intensive care medicine, pain medicine, and palliative medicine
- Department of pain medicine at Rehabilitation Centre Benedictus Feldafing
Awards & Memberships
- 2007 The highest European Pain Award, Pain Research Award of the German Society for the Study of Pain
- Member of the European Society of Anesthesiologists
- Member of the International Association for the Study of Pain
- Member of the German Society for the Study of Pain
- Member of the Association of sensory phenotype with quality of life, functionality, and emotional well-being in patients suffering from neuropathic pain
- Cross-cultural adaptation of the painDETECT questionnaire into Brazilian Portuguese
- Contralateral sensory and pain perception changes in patients with unilateral neuropathy
Paradoxical heat sensation as a manifestation of thermal hypesthesia: a study of 1090 patients with lesions of the somatosensory system.
11 August, 2023
Association of sensory phenotype with quality of life, functionality, and emotional well-being in patients suffering from neuropathic pain.
1 July, 2022
Progressive Response with Repeated Capsaicin 8% Topical System Treatment
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Freynhagen, DEAA?
The primary specialization of the doctor is pain therapy, internal and palliative medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Rainer Freynhagen, DEAA