Prof. Dr. med. Andre Reis
University Hospital Erlangen
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Andre Reis. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
nijmegen breakage syndrome
deep vein thrombosis
glomerular filtration rate
thromboembolic pulmonary hypertension
hereditary transthyretinmediated amyloidosis
ureteropelvic junction syndrome
- 1979-1986 Medical studies in Goettingen and Luebeck
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1986 Doctorate at the Institute for Human Genetics at the Medical University of Luebeck
- 1995 Habilitation and a teaching license in human genetics
- 1995 Obtaining specialization in human genetics
- 1987-1988 Research Associate at the Institute for Human Genetics at the University of Goettingen
- 1989-1998 University Assistant at the Institute for Human Genetics at the Charite University Hospital in Berlin
- 1998-2000 University Professor (C3) for medical genetics and gene mapping at the Charite University Hospital in Berlin and Group Leader at the Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine Berlin-Buch
- 2000 Professor and Director, Department of human genetics at the University Hospital Erlangen
Awards & Memberships
- 1995-2000 Founder and Project Manager of the Microsatellite Center and Gene Mapping Centre at the Max Delbruck Center for Molecular Medicine
- 1995-1998 Project from German Research Foundation: "Isolation and characterization of the basal cell nevus syndrome-gene and analysis of the function of the gene product in development"
- 1996-2005 Project from German Research Foundation: "Position cloning of disposition genes for Psoriasis Vulgaris"
- 1999-2002 Project from German Research Foundation: "Isolation and characterization of the NBS gene"
- 1999-2009 Project from German Research Foundation: "Identification of genes for primary glaucoma"
- 2003-2007 Project from German Research Foundation: "Identification of a disease-causing gene for periodic catatonia on chromosome 15q15"
- 2003-2009 Project from German Research Foundation: "Genetics of pseudoexfoliation glaucoma and syndrome"
- 2006 Corresponding Member of the Academy of Sciences and Literature Mainz
- 2007 Member of the National Academy of Sciences Leopoldina
- 2007 Senator of the University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2007 Speaker of the Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research at the University Hospital Erlangen
- 2008-2012 Chairman of the German Society for Human Genetics
- 2012 Project from German Research Foundation: "Systematic characterization of genes in autosomal recessive mental retardation"
- 2012-2015 Project from German Research Foundation: "Analysis of strain-specific differences in the lymphangiogenic response in the cornea to identify new endogenous modulators of lymphangiogenesis"
- 2015 Project from German Research Foundation: “Identification of new endogenous modulators of (inflammatory) lymphangiogenesis by analyzing strain-specific differences in the mouse model”
Graphene loaded into dental polymers as reinforcement of mechanical properties: A systematic review.
Long-term reproductive effects of benzo(a)pyrene at environmentally relevant dose on juvenile female rats.
Design and synthesis of new 1,2,3-triazoles derived from eugenol and analogues with in vitro and in vivo activity against Trypanosoma cruzi.
5 October, 2023
Maximilianspl., 2, 91054
About this place
Erlangen is a picturesque green city with close ties with France since the Reformation. Despite the war, the local baroque buildin
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Andre Reis?
The primary specialization of the doctor is human genetics.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Andre Reis
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Andre Reis