Prof. Dr. med. Amadeus Hornemann, MPH
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
The HoTT® method – Part 10: What do I have to consider after a HoTT® operation?
The HoTT® method – Part 9: Is the tendon in the leg completely removed?
The HoTT® method – Part 8: Is the operation minimally invasive?
The HoTT® method – Part 7: How long is the inpatient stay after a HoTT® operation?
The HoTT® method – Part 6: Is a large incision made in the back of the knee for tendon removal?
The HoTT® method – Part 5: Is the tendon removed by a surgeon?
- 1995-1998 Studied human medicine at Eberhardt-Karls-University of Tubingen
- 1997 Preliminary medical examination
- 1998 The first part of the medical examination
- 1998 United States medical licensing examination (USMLE) Step 1
- 1998-2000 Studied human medicine at the Humboldt University of Berlin
- 1999-2000 Erasmus grant at the University of Amsterdam
- 2000-2002 Health care (part-time), University of Hamburg
- 2001 The second part of the medical examination
- 2002 The third part of the medical review
- 2002 Doctoral degree, experimental study of the etiology of arterial hypertension at the Institute of Medical Psychology and Behavioral Neurobiology of the University of Tubingen: "What role do endogenous opiates play in baroreceptor-dependent modulation of pain?" (Director Prof. Nils Bierbaumer)
- 2003 United States medical examination (USMLE) Step 2
- 2005 United States medical examination (USMLE) Step 2, Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certification
- 2005-2007 Heinrich Heine University of Dusseldorf
- 2006-2007 Resident, Department of gynecology and obstetrics, University Medical Center of Schleswig-Holstein, Lubeck Campus (Director Prof. Klaus Diedrich)
- 2007 Specialized exam for a specialist in gynecology and obstetrics
- 2007 Examination for Master of public health
- 2013 Habilitation: "The method of birth in the field of tension between medical indications and economic interests"
- 2013 Specialization in oncological gynecology
- 2015 Specialization in special obstetrics and perinatal medicine
- 2016 Minimally invasive surgery III certificates of the working group on gynecological and obstetric endoscopy
- 2002 Scientific research at the University Women's Clinic Lubeck and the University Women's Clinic Mannheim in obstetrics, gynecology, and healthcare
- 2002-2004 Internship, Department of gynecology and obstetrics, Jena University Hospital (Director Prof. Achim Schneider, MPH)
- 2004-2006 Assistant Physician, women's consultation at the St. Elisabeth Hospital in Bochum, Ruhr University Perinatal Center (Director Prof. Arne Jensen)
- 2008-2010 Senior Physician, Department of gynecology and obstetrics, Lubeck Campus, University Medical Center Schleswig-Holstein (Director Prof. Klaus Diedrich)
- 2010 Head of gynecology and obstetrics, Carrefour humanitarian mission in Haiti, German Red Cross
- 2010-2020 Senior Physician, University Women's Hospital, University Hospital Mannheim (Director: Prof. Marc Sutterlin)
- 2016-2021 Doctor of the Ethianum Heidelberg
- 2019 Adjunct Professor, Faculty of Mannheim, University of Heidelberg
- 2020 Chief Physician of the Department of surgical gynecology, Academic Hospital Sachsenhausen Frankfurt am Main
- 2021 Head Doctor of Departments of surgical gynecology and obstetrics, Academic Hospital Sachsenhausen Frankfurt am Main
- 2021 Medical Director of Academic Hospital Sachsenhausen Frankfurt am Main
Awards & Memberships
- 2012 Launched 3D laparoscopy in Germany
- 2019 Kurt Semm Prize of the Gynecological Endoscopy Working Group
From thigh to pelvis: female genital prolapse repair with an autologous semitendinosus tendon transplant : Data of the German multicenter trial.
2 May, 2023
From thigh to pelvis: female genital prolapse repair with an autologous semitendinosus tendon transplant : Data of the German multicenter trial
Think outside the box.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Amadeus Hornemann, MPH?
The primary specialization of the doctor is surgical and oncological gynecology, perinatal and minimally invasive surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Amadeus Hornemann, MPH