Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Muacevic
radiosurgery and neurosurgery
Work > 20 years
- 1989-1995 Medical studies at the Johannes Gutenberg University in Mainz
- 1990 Fellowship from Boehringer Ingelheim, Department of pharmacology (Dr. Wegner)
- 1991-1995 Fellowship in Los Angeles (USC), Charlottesville, Virginia, and London (Institute of Neurology and Neurosurgery)
- 1995 Ph.D. with Prof. Dr. A. Perneczky, Mainz
- 1996-2003 Doctor in the internship, assistant doctor, and then a specialist in neurosurgery, neurosurgical clinic, Klinikum Grosshadern, Ludwig Maximilians University Munich
- 2005 Completed further training as a radiosurgery
- 2006 Habilitation at the Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich
- 2013 Appointment as a professor at the Ludwig Maximilians University Munich
- 2005 Founder and the Head of European Radiosurgery Centre Munich
Awards, memberships, publications
- 2003 Aesculap Prize of the European Society of Neurosurgery
- 2007 Member of the Supervisory Board of the International Radiosurgical Society (The Radiosurgery Society)
- 2011-2013 President of the International Society of Radiosurgery (The Radiosurgery Society)
- 2014-2015 Chairman of the Board of Directors of The Radiosurgery Society
- Member of the American Society of Radiation Oncology, International Stereotactic Radiosurgery Society, German Society for Radiation Oncology, a working group on stereotaxy, European Association for Neurosurgery
- Author of over 200 specialist publications, numerous lectures at international and national scientific congresses, the foundation of the innovative publication platform Cureus in 2012 with Dr. John R. Adler, Stanford School of Medicine
What diseases does Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Muacevic treat?
Where does the doctor practice?
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Muacevic?
The primary specialization of the doctor is radiosurgery and neurosurgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Alexander Muacevic has been practising for more than 28 years.