Prof. Dr. med. Tom Ludde
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1994-2001 Study of human medicine, Hannover Medical School
- 2000 Scholarship Holder, research stay at the University of North Carolina from German Academic Exchange Service
- 2001-2004 MD/Ph.D. Postgraduate course “Molecular Medicine”, Hannover Medical School
- 2002 Promotion Dr. med., Hannover Medical School
- 2002-2004 Resident, Department of gastroenterology, hepatology and endocrinology, Hannover Medical School
- 2003 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 2004 Doctorate Ph.D., Hannover Medical School
- 2005-2007 Grant from the Schering Foundation and the German Research Foundation, research stay at the European Molecular Biology Laboratory in Monterotondo and the Institute for Genetics at the University of Cologne
- 2009 Habilitation, Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- 2010 Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- 2012 Additional training in drug therapy for tumors
- 2012 Received additional specialization in gastroenterology
- 2012-2014 Master of Health Business Administration, University of Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2015 Additional training in intensive care medicine
- 2019 Additional training in infectious diseases
- 2007-2010 Assistant Doctor, University Hospital Aachen
- 2010 Senior Physician, University Hospital Aachen
- 2012-2014 W2 Professor for hepato-gastroenterology, the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- 2013-2014 Managing Senior Physician at the University Hospital Aachen
- 2014-2020 Senior Consultant at the University Hospital Aachen
- 2014-2020 W3 Professor of gastroenterology, hepatology, and gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary oncology, the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- 2020 W3 Professor and Director of the Department of internal medicine (gastroenterology, hepatology, and infectious diseases) at the University Hospital Dusseldorf
Awards & Memberships
- 2007 Starting Grant from European Research Council
- 2008 Ernst Jung Career Advancement Award
- 2008-2011 Joint project "Acute Organ Injury" of the Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research
- 2009-2020 Project P06 and Coordinator Pillar 1: Initiation, Collaborative Research Center SFB/TRR57 "Organ Fibrosis"
- 2014-2017 Spokesperson and Project P05, Interdisciplinary Center for Clinical Research Network "Roadblocks to liver cancer"
- 2011 Thannhauser Prize of the German Society for Gastroenterology, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases
- 2012-2014 Member of the European Organization for Molecular Biology, Young Investigator Program
- 2014 Mildred-Scheel endowed professorship of the German Cancer Aid
- 2017 Science Prize of the working group on internal oncology
- 2019 European Research Council Consolidator Grant
- 2019 Sub-Project Leader in the SFB 1382 "The Gut Liver Axis" from German Research Foundation
- 2020 Project Manager "DEEP LIVER" from Federal Ministry of Health
Uncovering Novel Roles of miR-122 in the Pathophysiology of the Liver: Potential Interaction with NRF1 and E2F4 Signaling.
16 August, 2023
Transition seltener Leberkrankheiten im Kindesalter – was kommt auf die Hepatologie zu?Transition of pediatric inborn errors of metabolism with liver manifestations into clinical hepatology—what lies ahead?
Drug landscape in patients receiving general outpatient palliative care in Germany: results from a retrospective analysis of 10,464 patients
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Tom Ludde?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, gastroenterology, and infectious diseases.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Tom Ludde