Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Gasser
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1992-1996 Studied medicine at the Ignaz Semmelweis University in Budapest, the Essen University Hospital, and several times abroad
- Doctorate on epidural scarring after intraspinal lumbar surgery
- Habilitation on the development and clinical relevance of functional magnetic resonance imaging for neurosurgery
- 2005 The International Exchange Grant from the German and Japanese Society for Neurosurgery
- Research fellowship at the Tokyo Women's Medical University
- Internship at the Groote Schuur Hospital in Cape Town
- Headed the Department of functional neurosurgery and intraoperative imaging at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main
- 2008 Head of the Department of functional neurosurgery at the University Hospital Essen
- 2011 Executive Partner, Department of neurosurgery at Beta Clinic Bonn
Awards & Memberships
- Two patents for medical devices
- Scientific Advisor and Member of the Scientific Advisory Board of Medtronic Navigation, Louisville, United States
- Member of the German Society for Neurosurgery
- Member of the World Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Member of the World Society for Stereotaxy and Functional Neurosurgery
Fracture of porcine aorta. Part 2: FEM modelling and inverse parameter identification.
1 September, 2023
Identification of genetic risk loci and causal insights associated with Parkinson's disease in African and African admixed populations: a genome-wide association study.
23 August, 2023
Safety and efficacy of venglustat in GBA1-associated Parkinson's disease: an international, multicentre, double-blind, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 2 trial.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Gasser?
The primary specialization of the doctor is neurosurgery, functional neurosurgery, epilepsy surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Thomas Gasser