Prof. Dr. med. Matthias W. Beckmann
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1979-1986 Studied human medicine at the Albert Ludwigs University of Freiburg, Catholic University of Louvain, Columbia University, the University of Natal in Durban, and Louis Pasteur University in Strasbourg
- 1986 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1988 Graduate student at the Swiss Tropical Institute of Basel
- 1988 Defense of the dissertation, Department of trauma surgery at the Albert‐Ludwigs‐University, Freiburg in Breisgau
- 1989-1991 Postdoctoral Research Fellow in reproductive medicine, experimental oncology, the section of reproductive endocrinology and infertility, Department of obstetric and gynecology, Department of experimental pathology at the University of Chicago
- 1989-1991 Postdoctoral Research Fellow in human pharmacology, SANDOZ in Basel
- 1991-2001 Training in the field of gynecology, Women’s Clinic of Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt Am Main and Heinrich-Heine University in Dusseldorf
- 1995 Obtaining specialization in gynecology and obstetrics
- 1995 Habilitation in the subject of gynecology and obstetrics, Women’s Clinic of Heinrich-Heine University in Dusseldorf
- Received additional qualifications in the field of gynecological oncology and endocrinology, reproductive medicine, obstetrics, and perinatal medicine
- Obtaining further specialization in drug therapy for tumors, special operative gynecology, genetic counseling, breast, and minimally invasive surgery
- 1986-1988 Assistant Doctor in community service, Emmendingen District Hospital
- 2001 C4 Professor and Director, Department of obstetric, gynecology and breast surgery with genital, endometriosis, perinatal, and reproductive centers at the University Hospital Erlangen
- 2002 Scientific Director of the Institute for Women's Health Erlangen
- 2008 Chairman of the board of the Tumor Center Erlangen-Nuremberg
- 2010 Director of the Comprehensive Cancer Center Erlangen, European Metropolitan Region Nuremberg, University Hospital Erlangen
Awards & Memberships
- 2021 Award of the Federal Cross of Merit
- Member of the Leopoldina
- Volunteers at the Bavarian Center for Family and Social Affairs (families in need) and the Medical Commission of the Contergan Foundation (assessment of victims)
Endometrial Cancer. Guideline of the DGGG, DKG and DKH (S3-Level, AWMF Registry Number 032/034-OL, September 2022). Part 1 with Recommendations on the Epidemiology, Screening, Diagnosis and Hereditary Factors of Endometrial Cancer, Geriatric Assessment and Supply Structures.
15 August, 2023
Standardized Procedures for Patients with Dysplasia and Other Diseases of the Cervix, Vulva, and Vagina at a Certified Dysplasia Unit Prior to the Introduction of the Organized Cervical Cancer Screening Program.
15 August, 2023
Ex Vivo Chromosomal Radiosensitivity Testing in Patients with Pathological Germline Variants in Breast Cancer High-Susceptibility Genes BReast CAncer 1 and BReast CAncer 2.
10 August, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Matthias W. Beckmann?
The primary specialization of the doctor is gynecology, gynecological oncology and endocrinology, reproductive medicine, obstetrics.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Matthias W. Beckmann