Prof. Dr. med. dent. Frank Holzle
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1989-1998 Studied medicine and dentistry at the Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Glasgow, and University College London Medical School
- 1995 Defense of the dissertation
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1998 Promoted to a doctor of dentistry
- 2002 Received recognition as a medical specialist for oral and maxillofacial surgery
- 2005 Achieved the additional qualification as a plastic and reconstructive face surgeon
- 2006 Habilitation and a teaching license for oral and maxillofacial surgery
- 2006 Fellow of the European Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 1999-2000 Scientific Employee at the Department of oral and maxillofacial surgery at the Charite University Hospital in Berlin
- 2000-2007 Deputy Director, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at the Knappschaft Hospital Bochum-Langendreer at the Ruhr-University Bochum
- 2007-2011 Senior Physician and Deputy Director of the Department of oral and maxillofacial surgery at the Rechts der Isar Hospital of the Technical University of Munich
- 2011 Professor, Chairman, and Head, Department of oral and maxillofacial surgery at the University Hospital Aachen
Awards & Memberships
- 2007 Martin Wassmund Award to dignify the research work: "Monitoring and improvement of the perfusion of microsurgical flaps and development of retrograde perfusion for perforator flaps in the head and neck"
- 2008 Scientific Award Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2009 Scientific Award Journal of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2013 Fellow of the International Team of Implantology
- 2014 Award for the best medical doctoral thesis and Borchers-Medal from the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- Member of the European Commission of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Member of the German Society of Maxillofacial Surgery
- Member of the Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery of the German Dental Society
- Member of the German Society for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of the German branch of the charitable association of plastic surgeons for the provision of interplast-Germany
- Member of the advisory board of the German-Austrian-Swiss
- Member of the working group for the treatment of maxillofacial tumors (German-Austrian-Swiss working group for tumors of the jaw and facial area)
- German Representative on the board of the European Association of Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- Full Member of the International Group of Implantology
Assessment of psychological and physical stressors among nurses in different functional areas before and during the COVID-19 pandemic: a cross-sectional study.
7 August, 2023
IMP3 Expression as a Potential Tumour Marker in High-Risk Localisations of Cutaneous Squamous Cell Carcinoma: IMP3 in Metastatic cSCC
Effect of head-mounted displays on students' acquisition of surgical suturing techniques compared to an e-learning and tutor-led course: A randomized controlled trial
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. dent. Frank Holzle?
The primary specialization of the doctor is oral and maxillofacial surgery, plastic and reconstructive face surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. dent. Frank Holzle