Department of orthopaedic rehabilitation
About the department
The department of orthopaedic rehabilitation at Rehabilitation Centre Benedictus Feldafing specializes in the entire spectrum of orthopaedic rehabilitation, for example, after joint replacement, shoulder revisions or operations on the spine. According to Focus Magazine, the department is among the best departments in Germany that provide rehabilitation therapy. A team of doctors, nurses and therapists intensively care for patients at all stages of their recovery process. Rehabilitation in the department is characterized by a large number of individual therapies and ensures a successful and fast rehabilitation. Important stages of treatment are discussed and agreed upon with the patient's operating doctor, so further care is tailored individually. The most modern therapeutic devices are available in the department, such as a large sports pool with warm water and sports equipment. Highly qualified doctors and caring medical staff provide patients with the most comfortable stay in the hospital.
The basis of the orthopaedic rehabilitation department is physiotherapy, which includes electrotherapy, heat therapy and other highly effective physiotherapy procedures. Manual therapy is also provided to restore patient mobility and relieve pain. The combination of conventional rehabilitation and modern robotic equipment ensures a successful outcome. In addition, hydrotherapy can be used for patients with back diseases, fractures and soft tissue injuries.
Treatment and diagnostic focus of the department
Indications for rehabilitation:
- Carpal tunnel
- Meniscus tears
- Broken bones
- Hip, knee, or shoulder replacement
- Low back pain
- Spine surgery or fusions
- Foot and Ankle Pain
- Ankle sprains
- Plantar fasciitis
- Other pathological conditions
- Manual therapy
- Manual lymph drainage
- Physical therapy (electrotherapy, cryotherapy, heat therapy)
- Kinesio taping
- Exercise pool
- MTT (medical training therapy)
- Group therapy (stool exercises, gait training, stabilization group, shoulder group)
- Nordic Walking
- Hocoma equipment
- 1987 - 1994 Study of Human Medicine at the Faculty of Medicine, Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich.
- 1994 - 1996 Intern and Assistant Physician, Dr. Per Krueger Private Practice.
- 1996 - 2001 Highly specialized training in Internal Medicine and Neurology, Clinic Bad Heilbrunn.
- 2000 Board certification in Rehabilitation Medicine.
- 2001 Doctoral thesis. Thesis subject: "Videothoracoscopic lung biopsy in the diagnostics of interstitial lung diseases".
- 2001 Work at the Institute for Applied Sports and Preventive Medicine, Bernau-Felden.
- 2004 - 2006 Work in the Department of Spinal Surgery, SRH Klinikum Karlsbad-Langensteinbach.
- 03.2016 Board certification in Orthopedics.
- 2006 - 2007 Senior Physician, Department of Orthopedics, Caritasklinik Bad Schönborn.
- 2007 - 2012 Chief Physician of the Department of Orthopedics at the RZI Rehazentrum Ingolstadt.
- 2012 - 2017 Chief Physician of the Center for Orthopedics, Rehabilitation and Preventive Medicine Bad Bocklet.
- Since 2018 Chief Physician of the Department of Orthopedic Rehabilitation at the Rehabilitation Clinic Benedictus Krankenhaus Feldafing.