Prof. Dr. med. Tobias Welte
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1978-1985 Studied human medicine at the Hannover Medical School
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1990-1994 Resident of the Department of pulmonology at the Hannover Medical School Hospital
- 1994 Defense of the dissertation at the Hannover Medical School
- 1988-1989 Study visit to the Massachusetts General Hospital
- 1992 Obtaining specialization in internal medicine
- 1994 Received additional qualifications in the field of pulmonology
- 1995 Additional qualification in internal intensive care medicine
- 2000 Habilitation and a teaching license
- 2002 Obtaining further specialization in infectious diseases
- 2014 Fellow of the European Respiratory Society
- 2020 Visiting Professor at the Siegmund Freud University in Vienna
- 1985-1990 Department of internal medicine at the District Hospital Lehrte
- 1994-2004 Head of the pneumology and internal intensive care medicine at the Otto von Guericke University Magdeburg
- Professor of pneumology and intensive care medicine at the University of Magdeburg
- Department of infectious diseases at the University of Magdeburg
- 2004 Professor and Director of the Department of pulmonology and infectious diseases at the Hannover Medical School Hospital
- 2020 Acting Director of health care at the Hannover Medical School Hospital
Awards & Memberships
- 2001 Management circle of the Competence Network on asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- 2007 Spokesman of the clinical study center of the Hannover Medical School
- 2008-2010 President of the German Society for Internal Intensive Care Medicine and Emergency Medicine
- 2008-2016 Member of the German Research Foundation review board "Inflammation"
- 2009-2013 President of the German Sepsis Society
- 2009-2015 Chief Editor of the “European Respiratory Monograph”
- 2010 Springer Award "The Internist"
- 2011 Board Member of the German Center for lung research
- 2011-2019 Member of the internal advisory board of the German Center for infection research
- 2012 Speaker of the German Research Foundation review board "Inflammation"
- 2012-2014 President of the German Society for Pneumology
- 2016 Member of the evaluation group for clinical studies of the German Research Foundation
- 2018 President of the Paul Ehrlich Society
- 2018 Honorary Member of the Austrian Society for Pneumology
- 2018-2019 President of the European Respiratory Society
- 2019 President of the Forum of the International Respiratory Societies
- 2019 Balzan Prize for the “Pathophysiology of respiration: from basic research to the bedside”
- 2020 Honorary Award of the German Society for Pediatric Intensive Care Medicine
- 2020 Board Member of directors at the Biomed Alliance
- Member of the Federal Assembly at the suggestion of the Social Democratic Party, the parliamentary group in Lower Saxony
- Director of the Association of the Biomedical Research in Endstage and Obstructive Lung Disease
- Chairman of the German Sepsis Society
- Chairman of the board of trustees of the Foundation of the Medical Competence Network for community-acquired pneumonia
- Scientific Advisory Board Member of the German Society for Pneumology and Respiratory Medicine
- Fellow of the European Respiratory Society
- Contributed to chapters in over 150 books
The role of vaccination in COPD: influenza, SARS-CoV-2, pneumococcus, pertussis, RSV and varicella zoster virus.
6 September, 2023
Tezepelumab Efficacy in Patients with Severe, Uncontrolled Asthma with Comorbid Nasal Polyps in NAVIGATOR.
4 September, 2023
Correction to: Clinical covariates influencing clinical outcomes in primary membranous nephropathy.
3 September, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Tobias Welte?
The primary specialization of the doctor is internal medicine, pulmonology, and infectious diseases.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Tobias Welte