Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Bechdolf
psychiatry and psychotherapy
psychiatry and psychotherapy
Vivantes Hospital Am Urban Berlin-Kreuzberg
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
42 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Bechdolf. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
prepsychotic prodromal state
cingulate cortex abnormalities
borderline personality disorder
- 1987-1994 Studied human medicine at the Rhenish-Westphalian Technical University Aachen and the Free University of Berlin
- 1994-1996 Resident at the psychiatric clinic and polyclinic of the Free University of Berlin (Director: Prof. Dr. H. Helmchen)
- 1995-1996 Advanced training in psychotherapy based on depth psychology to obtain the additional title "Psychotherapy", Free University of Berlin
- 1996 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1996 Promotion to a doctor of medicine at the Rhenish-Westphalian Technical University Aachen on the topic: "Self-awareness of vulnerability, prodromal symptoms and coping responses to affective psychoses"
- 1997-2002 Resident at the Department of psychiatry and psychotherapy at the University Hospital in Cologne (Director: Prof. Dr. J. Klosterketter)
- 1997-2002 Further training in behavioral therapy for the additional qualification in psychotherapy for doctors at the Academy of Behavioral Therapy in Cologne, further seminars and workshops with H.D. Brenner, I. Falloon, P. Garety, F. Kanfer, M. Linehan, K. Hahlweg, J. Margraf, P. McFarlane, H.U. Wittchen, V. Roder
- 2001-2003 Obtaining specialization in psychiatry and psychotherapy
- 2005-2007 Master of Science, studied health economics and hospital management at the Catholic University of Applied Sciences in Cologne, Alexianer Hospital Krefeld, thesis topic: "Clinical effectiveness and direct costs of multi-professional community psychiatric treatment of acute conditions using a case study of integrative psychiatric treatment"
- 2007 Licensing in psychiatry and psychotherapy and a teaching license for the subject of psychiatry and psychotherapy at the University of Cologne, the topic of the habilitation work: "Cognitive behavioral therapy in people with an increased risk of psychosis in a prodrome distant from psychosis - a contribution to the prevention of schizophrenic disorders"
- 1994-1996 Internship at the psychiatric clinic and polyclinic of the Free University of Berlin (Director: Prof. Dr. H. Helmchen)
- 1999 Development and evaluation of psychotherapeutic interventions for patients with psychosis, with dual diagnoses of psychosis and addiction, and for people at increased risk for psychosis
- 2001 Lecturer of the Department at the German Society of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy and Neurology, Association of European Psychiatrists, International Association for Early Psychosis, International Society for Psychotherapy of Schizophrenia and Related Psychoses, Working Group on Psychoeducation, Academy of Behavioral Therapy Cologne, Association for German Psychotherapy of Psychosis
- 2002-2007 Senior Physician, Department of psychiatry and psychotherapy, University Hospital Cologne (Director: Prof. Dr. J. Klosterketter)
- 2007 Associate Professor, University of Melbourne
- 2007-2008 Consultant Psychiatrist, Senior Physician and German Research Foundation Grant Holder, ORYGEN Youth Health in Melbourne (Director: Prof. P. D. McGorry)
- 2008-2012 Senior Doctor at the Department of psychiatry and psychotherapy at the University Hospital in Cologne
- 2012 Professor at the University Hospital of Cologne
- 2012 Chief Physician, Department of psychiatry, psychotherapy, and psychosomatics, Vivantes Hospital Am Urban Berlin-Kreuzberg and Vivantes Hospital Berlin-Friedrichshain, academic teaching hospitals Charite University Hospital Berlin
Awards & Memberships
- 2008 Gerd Huber Award for the prevention of psychosis
- 2008 Independent Researcher Award, National Alliance for Research on Schizophrenia and Depression
- 2011 Innovation Award, Commercial health Allianz insurance
- 2011 Psychotherapy Award of the German Society of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, and Neurology
- 2016 Poster Prize from German Society for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology
- 2017 Award for Fritz-on-tour
- 2018 Team Award from Otsuka Pharma
- 2018 2nd Place, Quality of Life Award from Lilly Pharma for individual accommodation and support
- 2019 Nursing Award (a team intervention to increase participation and reduce coercion), German Society for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics and Neurology
- Deputy Head, Department of the prevention, German Society of Psychiatry, Psychotherapy, Psychosomatics, and Neurology
- Deputy Press Secretary of the working group of chief doctors of psychiatric departments of general hospitals and specialized hospitals in Berlin
- Spokesman of the medical commission of the Chief Doctors of the Clinics of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy of the Municipal Hospital of the Vivantes Berlin Group
- Head of the working group in early detection and early intervention of mental disorders
- Member of the expert group in schizophrenia and psychosocial interventions
- Member of the working group in sustained employment and innovative forms of care
- Member of the working group on prevention of coercion: “Prevention and Treatment of Aggressive Behavior in Adults”
- Member of the executive committee of chief doctors of psychiatry and psychotherapy clinics of general hospitals
- Member of the special committee for hospital planning in Berlin
- Founding Member of the German Society for Psychoeducation
- Member of the board of the International Society of Bipolar Disorders
- Member of the task force on prodromes of bipolar disorders
- Member of the section on the prevention of mental disorders, European Psychiatric Association
- Member of the thematic working group on prevention of mental disorders - promotion of mental health, European College of Neuropsychopharmacology
- Member of the International Early Psychosis Association
Correction: Enhancing educational and vocational recovery in adolescents and young adults with early psychosis through Supported Employment and Education (SEEearly): study protocol for a multicenter randomized controlled trial
Perception of mental health services during the COVID-19 pandemic – a German service user survey
Machine Learning Prediction of Estimated Risk for Bipolar Disorders Using Hippocampal Subfield and Amygdala Nuclei Volumes.
27 May, 2023
Dieffenbachstraße, 1, 10967
About this place
Berlin is a place with a rich and amusing history. It is well-known as the capital of Germany and the biggest city in the country.
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Bechdolf?
The primary specialization of the doctor is psychiatry and psychotherapy.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Bechdolf
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Bechdolf
Vivantes Hospital Auguste Viktoria Berlin-Schoneberg
psychiatry, psychotherapy, and psychosomatics