Prof. Dr. med. Anastasios Mpotsaris, Ph.D.
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1995-2002 Studied medicine in Heinrich-Heine-University Dusseldorf, Germany
- 2006 Ph.D. "Structure and application of a program (NucleoScope) for efficient volume determination in morphological sections” C. and O. Vogt Institute for Brain Research from the Heinrich Heine University in Dusseldorf, Germany
- Clinical training in neurology at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, Germany
- 2011 Clinical training in radiology
- 2012-2013 Fellow of the Karolinska Institute Stockholm and Fellow of the Department of Interventional Neuroradiology, Karolinska University Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2013 Clinical training in neuroradiology at the Alfried Krupp Hospital in Essen, Germany
- 2015 Habilitation "Complications of endovascular mechanical thrombectomy using a stent retriever in the acute treatment of ischemic stroke”
- 2017 W2 professorship for experimental interventional neuroradiology at the RWTH Aachen University
- 2003-2006 Physician in internship and research associate at the Cecile and Oskar Vogt Institute for Brain Research, Germany
- 2004 Physician at the University Hospital in Cologne, Germany
- 2006-2007 Resident in the Neurology Clinic, Alfried Krupp Hospital, Essen, Germany
- 2007-2011 Resident at the Clinic for Radiology, Neuroradiology and Nuclear Medicine, Clinic Vest, Treatment center Knappschaftskrankenhaus Recklinghausen, Germany
- 2011 Senior physician at the Clinic for Radiology, Neuroradiology and Nuclear Medicine, Clinic Vest, Treatment center Knappschaftskrankenhaus Recklinghausen, Germany
- 2011-2012 Senior Consultant and Deputy Director of the Department of Radiology, Neuroradiology and nuclear medicine, Clinic Vest, treatment center Paracelsus Klinik Marl, Germany
- 2013 Managing Senior Physician of the Neuroradiology Section, Clinic Vest, Treatment center Knappschaftskrankenhaus Recklinghausen, Germany
- 2014-2015 Senior Physician at the Institute for Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, Neuroradiology Section, University Hospital in Cologne, Germany
- 2015-2017 Head of the Section for Neuroradiology, Institute for Diagnostic and Interventional Radiology, University Hospital of Cologne, Germany
- 2017-2020 Senior physician of the clinic for diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology at the University Hospital of RWTH Aachen University
- 2020 Head of the Department of Neuroradiology, Otto-von-Guericke-University Magdeburg, Germany
- 2020 Head of the Department of Diagnostic, Interventional Radiology, and Neuroradiology, Academic Hospital Harlaching Munich, Germany
Awards & Memberships
- 2009 Poster prize Interventional neuroradiology Balloon-assisted coil embolization of intracranial aneurysms - a single-center study. Neuroradiology up2date 2009; (1):164. 44th Annual Meeting of German Society for Neuroradiology, Cologne
- 2011 Best congress contribution Evolution or Revolution, 1-year results for mechanical thrombectomy with the Solitaire stent in acute stroke.
- 21st Annual Meeting European Neurological Society, Lisbon, Portugal
- 2011 Excellence in German Science Symptomatic high-grade intracranial stenosis: 1-year results of the balloon-expandable. 46th Annual Meeting of the German Society for Neuroradiology, Cologne, Germany
- 2015 Best Poster Award Intravenous thrombolysis and thrombus length are predictive factors for successful recanalization for ischemic stroke treated by mechanical thrombectomy. 1st European Stroke Organisation Conference, Glasgow, Vereinigtes Konigreich
- 2017 European Society of Neuroradiology Springer Award in Interventional Neuroradiology.
- Complications of mechanical thrombectomy for acute ischemic stroke – a retrospective single-center study of 176 consecutive cases.
- 40th European Society of Neuroradiology-Diagnostic and Interventional, Annual Meeting, Malmo, Schweden
Editorial: An update on neurological disorders post COVID-19 infection.
13 July, 2023
Casereport: Parakolpische Einblutung im Z.n. Spontanpartus: ein interdisziplinärer Behandlungsansatz
Safety Profile and Complication Rates in Emergency Off-label Use of Tirofiban in Interventional Neuroradiology : An Observational Dual Center Study.
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Anastasios Mpotsaris, Ph.D.?
The primary specialization of the doctor is diagnostic and interventional radiology, neuroradiology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Anastasios Mpotsaris, Ph.D.