Dr. med. Volker Penndorf
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1993-1995 Community service as paramedic ASB Geesthacht
- 1995-1996 Training as a paramedic
- 1997-2003 Studied medicine at the Ruhr University in Bochum and the University of Essen, Germany
- 2009 Certificate in Good clinical practice, University Hospital Essen, Germany
- 2010 Specialist certification in Internal Medicine
- 2013 Specialist certification in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- 2004 Internship as a doctor at the Center for Internal Medicine at the University Hospital in Essen, Germany
- 2004 Research associate / Resident at the Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Essen University Hospital, Germany
- 2005 Participation in clinical studies according to the ICH-GCP guidelines
- 2009-2019 DRG Responsible for the clinic for gastroenterology and hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Germany
- 2010 Doctorate at the University of Duisburg-Essen on the topic "Functional liver regeneration in living donation - liver transplantation"
- 2010-2012 Assistant spokesman at the Center for Internal Medicine, University Hospital Essen
- 2011 Senior physician in inpatient patient care (interdisciplinary visceral medicine ward AC3, gastroenterological focus wards AG Gastro and M2B), Clinic for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Germany
- 2013-2019 Deputy Head of Central Endoscopy at the Clinic for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Clinic for Gastroenterology and Hepatology, University Hospital Essen, Germany
- 2019- 2021 Head of the central endoscopy of the Virchow Klinikum of the Charite, Germany
- 2022 Chief Physician of the Department of Internal Medicine II - Gastroenterology and the Department of Geriatrics at the Red Cross Hospital in Munich, Germany
Awards & Memberships
- Member of the German Society for Internal Medicine
- Member of the German Society for Gastroenterology, Digestive and Metabolic Diseases
- Member of the German Society for Endoscopy and Imaging Procedures
- Member of the German Society for Infectious Diseases
When malignancy hits twice - synchronous gastric carcinoma and non-Hodgkin-B-cell lymphoma in a patient with common variable immunodeficiency.
Liver Regeneration-Related Cytokine Profiles in Donors and Recipients Before and After Living-Donor Liver Transplant.
Multiple Plastic Stents Versus Covered Metal Stent for Treatment of Anastomotic Biliary Strictures after Liver Transplantation: a Prospective, Randomized, Multicenter Trial
About this place
What is the specialization of Dr. med. Volker Penndorf?
The primary specialization of the doctor is geriatrics, internal medicine and gastroenterology, palliative medicine.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Dr. med. Volker Penndorf