Department of internal medicine (gastroenterology, oncology, pulmonology, and diabetology)
About the department
The department of internal medicine (gastroenterology, oncology, pulmonology, and diabetology) at Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin includes an outpatient setting and an inpatient department. The department has a well-established reputation for the final diagnosis of problematic cases with multisystеm involvement and complicated symptoms. Doctors combine medical practice with training, research activity, clinical trials and development of the new diagnostic methods. The departments accept more than 3,500 patients annually with a range of internal medicine issues. In addition, the department serves as a referral centre for an entire range of diagnostic, and therapeutic procedures for other departments. The final diagnosis is established based on the detailed evaluation of each case in the morning's briefings. Patients during their staying can benefit not only from advanced treatment but also from comfortable rooms and newly decorated facilities.
The department deals with various diseases in its field and subdivisions: gastroenterology, oncology and pulmonology. In addition, the doctors specialize in diabetology and palliative medicine, which helps to provide complete care for complex cases as a whole-spectrum internal medicine department doctors are frequently involved in therapeutic and diagnostic care in the surgical departments.
Treatment and diagnostic focus of the department
- Tests for Helicobacter pylori
- A sampling of biopsy material for histological diagnosis
- Food intolerance tests
- Non-invasive diagnostics of liver diseases (fibrotest and fibroscan)
- Endoscopic diagnostics of the upper and lower parts of the digestive tract
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP)
- Capsule endoscopy
- Stop gastrointestinal bleeding
- Polypectomy, papillotomy, stenting
- Targeted therapy
- Diagnostic of oncological conditions of GIT
- Antibody therapy
- Microbiological analyzes of sputum, swabs from the pharynx, nasal cavity, swabs from the trachea
- ELISA and PCR tests
- Cytomorphological analyses of sputum, pleural punctate, biopsy
- Assessment of the function of external respiration
- Determination of the concentration of nitric oxide in exhaled air
- Pulse oximetry
- Peak flowmetry
- Treatment of the metabolic syndrome
- Dietary treatment of patients with diabetes mellitus
- Obesity treatment
- Correction of overweight and underweight
- Nutritional support
- Preparation of individual diets for patients with various diseases
- Studied human medicine at the Philipps University of Marburg, Manchester and Ann Arbor from 1989 to 1996.
- PhD (summa cum laude) from the Philipps University of Marburg in 1997.
- Has habilitation at Charité - University Medicine Berlin, Humboldt-University Venia legendi in experimental and internal medicine in 2006.
- Postdoctoral Fellowship of the Department of Chemical Biology and Endocrinology of the German Research Society (DFG) at the Merck Research Laboratories, Rahway, New Jersey, the USA in 1998.
- Senior Resident at the University of Mannheim.
- Consultant, Charite University Hospital.
- Head of the University Hospital Carl Gustav Carus, Dresden.
Awards, memberships, publications
- German Society for Digestive and Metabolic Diseases (DGVS).
- German Diabetes Society (DDG).
- German Society for Endocrinology (DGE).
- European Association for Diabetes Research (EASD).
- Society for Gastroenterology and Hepatology in Berlin and Brandenburg (GGHBB).
- Berlin Medical Association.
- Dr. Strovsky has written for various periodicals in international and national medical journals