Prof. Dr. Yael Lebenthal
Israel, Tel Aviv
Ichilov Sourasky Medical Centre Tel Aviv
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. Yael Lebenthal. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
congenital adrenal hyperplasia
growth hormone therapy
continuous glucose monitoring
insulin pump therapy
- 1987-1993 Studied human medicine at the Hadassah School of Medicine, Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- 1996 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1996 Defense of the dissertation
- 1996-2001 National course preparing immigrant physicians for licensing examinations at the Tel Aviv University
- 1996-2001 Resident in pediatrics at the Dana Children's Hospital, Ichilov Sourasky Medical Centre, Tel Aviv
- 1996-2001 Lectures in pediatrics at the Sheinborn Nursing School of the University of Tel Aviv
- 2001 Obtaining specialization in pediatrics
- 2001-2006 Fellow in pediatric endocrinology at the Institute of Endocrinology and Diabetes, National Center for Childhood Diabetes, Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel
- 2002 Training at the International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes Science School in Toronto
- 2003-2004 Lectures in pediatric endocrinology, Dina Academic School of Nursing, Rabin Medical Center of Petah-Tikva
- 2006-2007 Lectures in pediatric endocrinology and continuing medical education of the faculty of health sciences at the Ben-Gurion University of the Negev
- 2007 Received additional qualifications in the field of pediatric endocrinology
- 2007 Training course sponsored by Israeli Ministry of Health Participants in committee of children at risk for abuse and neglect
- 2009 Good Clinical Practice training on behalf of the Brookwood International Academy
- 2016 Good Clinical Practice training on behalf of the Brookwood International Academy
- 2017 Pediatric advanced life support curse
- 1994-1995 Intern at the Hillel-Yaffe Medical Center of Hadera
- 2006 Tutor and Lecturer to a pediatric clerkship for 3rd, 4th, and 6th-year Israeli medical students and American medical students at the New York State/American program from the Sackler faculty of medicine, Tel Aviv University
- 2006 Lecturer in pediatric diabetes and endocrinology – teaching based on analysis of clinical cases at the Sackler faculty of medicine, Tel Aviv University
- 2006-2014 Chief Endocrinology Consultant at the "Schneider in the Community", Holon branch serving the Tel Aviv area
- 2007-2009 Lectures in pediatric endocrinology, continuing medical education for pediatricians at the Kaplan Medical Center in Rehovot
- 2007-2017 Senior Faculty at the Institute for Endocrinology and Diabetes, National Center for Childhood Diabetes, Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel
- 2010 Lecture in osteoporosis in children, continuing education for pediatricians at the Sackler faculty of medicine, Tel Aviv University: “Children at risk – a systematic and individual approach”
- 2010 Organizer and Tutor for clinic day from endocrine system annual course for 4th-year medical students at the Sackler faculty of medicine at the Tel Aviv University
- 2011 Lecture at the Broadcast Network on pediatric endocrinology: “Calcium, osteoporosis, and vitamin D in children and adolescence”
- 2012-2014 Coordinator and Lecturer about endocrine system curriculum for 2nd-year medical students of the New York State/American program at the Sackler faculty of medicine, Tel Aviv University
- 2013-2014 Coordinator of pediatric endocrinology from continuing medical education for pediatric residents and pediatricians at the Sackler faculty of medicine, Tel Aviv University
- 2013-2014 Coordinator and Lecturer about endocrine system curriculum and physiology for 1st-year medical students at the New York State/American program at the Sackler faculty of medicine, Tel Aviv University
- 2017 Director and Professor, Department of pediatric endocrinology at the Ichilov Sourasky Medical Centre Tel Aviv
Awards & Memberships
- 1998-1999 Basic science research of the Yale Child Health Research Center in New-Haven
- 2000 Member of the Medical Association of Israel
- 2000 Member of the Clinical Pediatrics Association of Israel
- 2001 Member of the Israel Society of Pediatric Endocrinology
- 2001 Member of the Israel Society of Endocrinology
- 2001 Member of the Israel Diabetes Association
- 2001-2017 Sub-Investigator of the clinical trials in the field of Diabetes and Endocrinology
- 2006 Neeman Award for best research in pediatric endocrinology from the Israeli Society of Pediatric Endocrinology
- 2007-2009 Chairman of the committee for children at risk of abuse and neglect at the Schneider Children's Medical Center of Israel
- 2007-2016 Leading Co-Investigator of the Health Policy Research Grant from the Clalit Research Institute: “Precocious puberty in girls and boys – long-term outcome in the third and fourth decades”
- 2010-2015 Principal Investigator, grant from the Lydia Eviatar Fund: "Is VEGF the missing link between growth hormone and lymphedema in genetically susceptible patients"
- 2011-2016 Principal Investigator from the Kamada: "Study of the safety and efficacy of intravenous Alpha-1 Antitrypsin in type 1 diabetes mellitus - interventional phase I/II trial in the field of diabetes"
- 2010-2016 Leading Co-Investigator from Pfizer: "The influence of growth hormone therapy on short stature related distress in boys with idiopathic short stature"
- 2011-2017 Principal Investigator from Novo Nordisk: "Pubertal onset, menarche and regularity of menses in adolescents and young adult women with type 1 diabetes through the last two decades – longitudinal, retrospective, comparative analysis"
- 2012-2016 Sub-Investigator, Principal Investigator from National Institute of Diabetes, Digestive and Kidney Diseases: "Hyperglycemia and adverse pregnancy outcome follow up study"
- 2013 Best Clinical Abstract Award from the Israel Endocrine Society
- 2013-2016 Principal Investigator, a grant from Novo Nordisk: "Association between glycemic control and the number of multidisciplinary clinic visits in type 1 diabetes mellitus patients"
- 2014 Facilitator of the interactive small group teaching at the European Society Pediatric Endocrinology in Diabetes/Obesity School
- 2014-2015 Basic science research, Section on growth and development, Program on developmental endocrinology and genetics at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, National Institutes of Health in Bethesda
- 2015 Danny Moran Award for best clinical research In pediatrics at the Israeli Society of Pediatrics
Body composition in pediatric celiac disease and metabolic syndrome component risk-an observational study.
Glucagon-like peptide-1 analog therapy in rare genetic diseases: monogenic obesity, monogenic diabetes, and spinal muscular atrophy.
Open-source automated insulin delivery systems (OS-AIDs) in a pediatric population with type 1 diabetes in a real-life setting: the AWeSoMe study group experience.
Weizmann St, 6,
Tel Aviv, Israel
About this place
Tel Aviv is Israel's largest metropolis and hub for innovation, culture, and creativity. The city is the most populous in Israel's
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. Yael Lebenthal?
The primary specialization of the doctor is pediatric endocrinology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. Yael Lebenthal
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. Yael Lebenthal