Prof. Dr. med. Milomir Ninkovic
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied medicine at the University of Sarajevo, Bosnia, and Herzegovina
- 1982 Doctorate at the University of Sarajevo, Bosnia, and Herzegovina
- 1989 Specialist in plastic surgery
- 1995 Habilitation at the Medical Faculty of the University of Innsbruck (authorization to teach plastic surgery at the University of Innsbruck)
- 1995 Studied in the USA (Dallas, Philadelphia, New York) to specialize in the field of reconstructive microsurgery as well as aesthetic and craniofacial surgery
- 1998 Stayed at Harvard University as a "Fellow of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons" in the field of plastic and aesthetic surgery
- 1999 Professor at the University of Innsbruck
- 1992 Senior Physician at the University Clinic for Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in Innsbruck
- 2003 Head of the Department of plastic surgery, reconstructive surgery, hand surgery, burn surgery, Academic Hospital Bogenhausen Munich, Germany
- 2004 Professor at the Technical University of Munich, Germany
Awards & Memberships
- 1997 Theodor Billroth Prize of the Austrian Society for Surgery
- 1997 EURAPS - Prize “For the Best Paper Presented at the Eight Annual Meeting of the European Association of Plastic Surgeons (EURAPS)” Amsterdam
- 1998 Prize of the City of Innsbruck for scientific research at the Leopold-Franzens-University Innsbruck
- 1998 Winner of the American Society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (1998 PSEF- International Scholar) scholarship for 1998 in recognition of scientific and clinical work
- 2003 American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery Award - Godina Traveling Fellow (awarded only once a year to a reconstructive microsurgeon as the highest recognition of achievement in reconstructive microsurgery
- Member of Executive Committee – International Confederation for Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgery
- Visiting professors at several European and American universities
- Member of the Austrian Society for Surgery
- Member of the Austrian Society for Plastic, Aesthetic, and Reconstructive Surgery
- Member of the European Association of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the World Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Corresponding Member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Member of the German-speaking working group for microsurgery of peripheral nerves and vessels
- Corresponding Member of the American Society for Reconstructive Microsurgery
- Member of the Union of Swiss Surgical Societies
- Member of the Alpine workshops
- Member of the German Society of Plastic, Reconstructive, and Aesthetic Surgeons
- Author of 55 publications on PubMed
Negative Pressure Wound Therapy in Free Muscle Flaps-Risk or Benefit?
26 July, 2023
Crisis as Opportunity, Risk, or Turmoil: Qualitative Study of Youth Narratives About the COVID-19 Pandemic.
4 July, 2023
Development of a novel instrument for assessing intentional non-adherence to official medical recommendations (iNAR-12): a sequential mixed-methods study in Serbia.
27 June, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Milomir Ninkovic?
The primary specialization of the doctor is plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgery, hand and burn surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Milomir Ninkovic