Prof. Dr. med. Michael Jacobs, Ph.D.
University Hospital Aachen
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Michael Jacobs, Ph.D.. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
critical limb ischaemia
microvascular blood flow
green laser doppler
- 1976-1981 Medical study University of Limburg in Maastricht
- 1981 Received the degree of Doctor of Medicine from the University of Limburg in Maastricht
- 1982 Medical Doctor degree
- 1982-1984 Ph.D. fellow in the Department of Surgery at the Academic Hospital in Maastricht
- 1984-1989 Resident in the Department of Surgery at the Academic Hospital in Maastricht
- 1985 Ph.D. Thesis, faculty of medicine at the University of Limburg in Maastricht: “Capillary microscopy and hemorheology in vasospastic and occlusive vascular diseases”
- 1989-1990 Trained as a cardiovascular surgeon at the Texas Heart Institute in Houston
- 1990 Staff Member, Department of Surgery at the Academic Hospital Maastricht
- 1990-1994 Investigator at the Dutch Heart Foundation
- 1991-1993 Head of division in clinical microcirculation, Cardiovascular Research Institute Maastricht
- 1992 Head of Vascular Surgery at Amsterdam Medical Center and initiated research programs focused on the assessment of spinal cord function in thoracoabdominal aortic aneurysm and preventive strategies using selective organ perfusion and motor evoked potentials
- 1993-2000 Lecturer in vascular surgery, medical curriculum University of Amsterdam
- 1993-2000 Chief of vascular surgery, Academic Medical Center in Amsterdam
- 1994-1998 Coordinator of surgical education for the University of Amsterdam
- 1995-2000 Chairman of fellowship in vascular surgery at the University of Amsterdam
- 2000-2004 Professor and Chief, Chairman of the Department of surgery at Maastricht UMC+, creation of an Integrated Cardiovascular Center
- 2000-2007 Chairman of a residency program in surgery at the University Hospital Maastricht
- 2005 Professor and Chief of the Department of vascular surgery at the University Hospital Aachen
- 2005 Director of a residency program in vascular surgery at the University Hospital Aachen
Awards & Memberships
- 1985 Winner of Schoemaker Prize (best surgical thesis in the Netherlands)
- 1991-1998 Secretary of Netherlands Society of Vascular Surgery
- 1995-1999 Chairman NWO-Division Peripheral Circulation
- 1998-2005 Council Member of the European Society for Vascular Surgery
- 1998-2005 Chairman of the European Journal of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery
- 1998-2012 Organisator of the European Vascular Course, which received about 2,000 cardiovascular specialists from all over the world
- Member of the Netherlands Society of Surgery
- Member of the Netherlands Society of Vascular Surgery
- Member of the Society for Vascular Surgery
- Member of the European Society for Vascular Surgery
- Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member of the Denton Cooley Cardiovascular Surgical Society
- Member of the French Language Vascular Surgery Society
- Author of more than 200 publications, 54 chapters in books, and 16 books
Environmental and parental risk factors for congenital solitary functioning kidney - a case-control study.
Quality of Life after Stenting for Iliofemoral Venous Obstruction: A Randomised Controlled Trial with One Year Follow Up.
28 July, 2023
The Maastricht Acquisition Platform for Studying Mechanisms of Cell-Matrix Crosstalk (MAPEX): An Interdisciplinary and Systems Approach towards Understanding Thoracic Aortic Disease.
25 July, 2023
Pauwelsstraße, 30, 52074
About this place
Aachen is a city in western Germany in North Rhine-Westphalia, located a few kilometers from Belgium and the Netherlands border. T
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Michael Jacobs, Ph.D.?
The primary specialization of the doctor is vascular surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Michael Jacobs, Ph.D.
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Michael Jacobs, Ph.D.
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main of Goethe-University
general surgery, vascular and endovascular surgery