Prof. Dr. med. Manfred Tetz
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
How can I treat eyelid margin inflammation - blepharitis?
What is eyelid margin inflammation - blepharitis?
Prof. Dr. Tetz about collaboration with laser eye comparison (long)
Which doctor for laser eye surgery? | Prof. Dr. Manfred Tetz
Laser eye surgery: methods and procedures | Prof. Dr. Manfred Tetz
Laser eye surgery abroad | Prof. Dr. Manfred Tetz
- 1986-1988 Member of the Health Sciences Center, Salt Lake City, Utah, and Center for intraocular lens research, Medical University of South Carolina
- 1988 Feodor Lynen fellowship from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation: “Histopathological and scanning electron microscopic investigations of the interactions between intraocular lenses and uveal tissue structures”
- 1998 Senior Physician in the eye clinic of the Ruprecht-Karls-University Heidelberg (Prof. Dr. medical H.E. Volker)
- 1998 Head of the ophthalmopathological laboratory at the University Eye Clinic in Heidelberg
- 1995-1996 Establishment and development of the Department of outpatient cataract and anterior segment surgery at the University Eye Clinic Heidelberg
- 1998 Full Professorship, Senior Physician for ophthalmology at the Charite Ophthalmology Clinic, medical faculty, Campus Virchow of the Humboldt University in Berlin
- 2003 Founding and establishment of the Eye Day Clinic Spreebogen as well as the founding of the eye diagnostics center Austin Diagnostic Clinic
- 2005 Founding of the Berlin Eye Research Institute
Awards & Memberships
- Elected board member at the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member of the board of the Augen-Verbund Berlin
- Member of the American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Member of the American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery
- Member of the Berlin-Brandenburg Ophthalmological Society
- Member of the German Ophthalmological Society
- Scientific reviewer/Co-editor of numerous ophthalmological journals
- More than 1500 scientific lectures and presentations at national and international congresses
- Implementation of further training and WET Labs (lectures and courses) for national and international operators
Comparison of 3-month visual outcomes of a new multifocal intraocular lens vs a trifocal intraocular lens.
1 November, 2022
Toric phakic IOLs in keratoconus-evaluation of preoperative parameters on the outcome of phakic anterior chamber lens implantation in patients with keratoconus.
Clinical evaluation of a new monofocal IOL with enhanced intermediate function in patients with cataract.
1 February, 2021
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Manfred Tetz?
The primary specialization of the doctor is ophthalmology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Manfred Tetz