Prof. Dr. med. Andreas H. Mahnken, MBA, MME, EBIR
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- 1991-1993 Studied human medicine at the Bavarian Julius Maximilians University in Wuerzburg
- 1993-1994 Studied human medicine at the University of Bonn
- 1994-1995 Studied human medicine at the Karl Franzens University
- 1995-1997 Studied human medicine and economics at the University of Bonn
- 1997 Obtaining a license for a medical practice at the Medical History Institute of the Rhine Friedrich Wilhelms University and University of Bonn
- Defense of the dissertation
- 2003 Obtaining specialization in radiology
- 2003 Obtaining further specialization in sonography of the mammary gland, abdominal and retroperitoneal vessels
- 2003 Received additional qualifications in the field of radiation protection
- 2010 Received additional qualifications in the field of interventional radiology from the German Society for Interventional Radiology
- 2004 Obtaining further specialization in total quality management from Organisational Change Management
- 2004 Habilitation and a teaching license at the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen: “Multi-slice spiral CT of the heart: in-vitro, animal experiments and clinical results”
- 2004-2006 Studied health management at the University of Applied Sciences Osnabrueck
- 2006 Master of business administration at the University of Applied Sciences in Osnabrueck
- 2007 Obtaining further specialization in medical quality management
- 2008-2012 Medical education at the Heidelberg University
- 2010 Master of medical education at Heidelberg University
- 2019 Q2 certificate in multiparametric MRI of the prostate of the German Roentgen Society
- 1997-1998 Department of Surgery, Hegau Clinic Singen
- 1998-1999 Department of urology, Robert Koch Hospital in Gehrden
- 1999-2004 Assistant Doctor, Department of radiological diagnostics at the University Hospital Aachen
- 2004-2010 Senior Physician, Department of radiological diagnostics at the University Hospital Aachen
- 2006-2012 Head of the "Interventional Therapy Technology" group of the faculty for applied medical technology at the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- 2008 Extraordinary Professor at the Rhine-Westphalia University of Technology Aachen
- 2010-2012 Senior Consultant and Deputy Director, Department of diagnostic and interventional radiology at the University Hospital Aachen
- 2012 W3 professorship and Director, Department of diagnostic and interventional radiology at the University Hospital Marburg
Awards & Memberships
- 2004 Coolidge Award
- 2004 Hans Langendorff Prize
- 2005 Walter Friedrich Prize of the German Roentgen Society
- 2005 Member of the Research and Education Fund from the European Society of Radiology
- 2006 Werner Porstmann grant from the German Roentgen Society
- 2007 Grant from the German Research Foundation at the Radiological Society of North America
- 2008-2013 Editor of the textbook "CT- and MR-guided interventions in radiology"
- 2009 Foundation Education Grant from the Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiological Society of Europe
- 2009 Hermann-Holthusen-Ring of the German Roentgen Society
- 2011 Q3 Instructor for heart CT and MRI at the German Roentgen Society
- 2011 European Board of Interventional Radiology
- 2012 Interventional Radiology Instructor of the German Roentgen Society
- 2013 Investigator for German Roentgen Society
- 2014 Eugenie and Felix Wachsmann Prize
- 2015 Editor of the textbook "Radiological diagnostics of the abdomen and thorax"
- 2019 Editor of the book "Interventional radiology"
- Member of the German Society for Interventional Radiology
- Member of the European Society of Radiology
- Member of the European Society of Cardiac Radiology
- Member of the Cardiovascular and Interventional Society of Europe
- Member of the German Society for Neuroradiology
Medical students' general and radiology-specific motivation: Correlations, stability and associations with learning strategies and ability beliefs.
26 August, 2023
Safety and efficacy of interventional treatment of acute limb ischemia in Germany 2021.
26 August, 2023
Kann die Bestimmung des subdiaphragmatischen Winkels einer Magensonde Hinweise auf eine Magenperforation geben?
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Andreas H. Mahnken, MBA, MME, EBIR?
The primary specialization of the doctor is radiology, sonography, interventional radiology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Andreas H. Mahnken, MBA, MME, EBIR