Dr. med. Rudiger Neef
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied human medicine
- 1998 Doctor in internship and partial license to practice medicine
- 1999 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 1999-2003 Specialist training with rotations in anesthesia and intensive care medicine, general and vascular surgery, and orthopedics at the Department for accident and reconstructive surgery of the Trade Association Clinics Bergmannstrost in Halle
- Specialist training at the University Hospital in Halle (Saale) and the Professional Association Clinics Bergmannstrost Halle
- 2003 Obtaining specialization in general surgery
- Habilitation and a teaching license
- 2004 Received additional qualifications in the field of emergency services
- 2006 Obtaining further specialization in special trauma surgery
- 2008 Defense of the dissertation in medicine at the Martin Luther University in Halle-Wittenberg
- 2009 Recognition as a specialist in orthopedics and trauma surgery
- 2016 Acquisition of the additional qualification in sports medicine
- 2016 Completion of the master's course in geriatric traumatology
- 2016 Curricular training in geriatric primary care
- 2018 Curricular training in rehabilitative geriatrics
- 2021 Certification as osteologist
- 2008 Senior Physician
- 2009 Head of the licensed examination center of the German Olympic Sports Confederation at the University Hospital Halle (Saale)
- 2009-2010 Supervision of doctorates within the Department of orthopedics, trauma, and reconstructive surgery at the University Hospital Halle (Saale)
- 2010 Senior Physician, Department of geriatric orthopedics at the University Hospital Halle (Saale)
- 2019 Coordinator of the certified Senior Trauma Center by the German Association of Trauma Surgery in cooperation with the Diakonie Hospital Halle
- 2020 Head, Department of geriatric orthopedics at the University Hospital Halle (Saale)
- Sports Physician at the Olympic base in Saxony-Anhalt
- Team Doctor of the GISA LIONS SV Halle
- Team Doctor at the federal diving base in Halle (Saale)
- Sports Physician in charge of the Department of basketball at the SV Halle
- Supervising Sports Physician at the HRV Boellberg/Nelson
- Student Teacher in trauma surgery, geriatric traumatology, interdisciplinary subject Q7 medicine of aging and older people, sports medicine, and evidence-based care
Awards & Memberships
- 2002 Co-Author of the "Brief revision course in trauma surgery"
- 2002 Author of "The complex shoulder trauma with axillary artery injury"
- 2004 Member of the disaster response team of the University Hospital Halle (Saale) after the tsunami in Southeast Asia (two-week deployment to several atolls of the Maldives with a makeshift hospital ship)
- 2006 Co-author of the "Curriculum surgery"
- 2007-2019 Scientific and Organizational Leader of 30 two-day surgical workshops "The treatment of infected orthopedic implants and other wounds"
- 2009 Scientific Director of the International VAC instill symposium
- 2009 Scientific and Organizational Director of the "Geriatric days"
- 2011 Scientific Director of the Congress VAC Instillation in Halle (Saale)
- 2012 Author of the "Operation reports trauma surgery"
- 2013 Author of the "Operation reports orthopedics"
- 2016 Author of the "Operation reports orthopedics and trauma surgery"
- 2016-2018 Senior Partner of the Wilhelm Roux program at the medical faculty of the Martin Luther University Halle-Wittenberg: "Development of a complex intervention to avoid and reduce measures that restrict freedom in hospitals"
- 2017 Permanent Representative of the accident insurance doctor of the professional associations
- 2019 Author and Editor in "Ambulance protocols surgical emergencies"
- 2020 Joint presentation of the Lohfert Prize for practice-tested and sustainable concepts in hospitals (pharmacotherapy management)
- 2021 Member of the expert advisory board of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research of Germany project PROTECT: "Prevention of physical restraints in the acute care setting: an exploratory cluster-randomized controlled trial"
- Collaboration in the Interdisciplinary Center for Aging of Halle
- Collaboration in the geriatric traumatology section of the German Association of Trauma Surgery
- Member of the Association of German Surgeons
- Member of the German Society for Trauma Surgery
- Member of the German Society for Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery
- Member of the Geriatric Traumatology Section
- Member of the German-speaking working group for arthroscopy
- Member of the German Society for Sports Medicine and Prevention
- Member of the Association of Trauma Surgeons Saxony-Anhalt
- Member of the German Society for Geriatrics
- Member of the German Society for Gerontology and Geriatrics
- Member of the Interdisciplinary Center for Aging Halle
- Member of the German Society for Osteology
- Reviewer for the journal "Gerontology und Geriatry"
Underdiagnosed CKD in Geriatric Trauma Patients and Potent Prevention of Renal Impairment from Polypharmacy Risks through Individual Pharmacotherapy Management (IPM-III).
7 July, 2023
Individual Pharmacotherapy Management (IPM)-IV: Optimized Usage of Approved Antimicrobials Addressing Under-Recognized Adverse Drug Reactions and Drug-Drug Interactions in Polypharmacy.
9 October, 2022
[Development and feasibility of an intervention to reduce physical restraints in hospitals: A mixed methods study].
About this place
What is the specialization of Dr. med. Rudiger Neef?
The primary specialization of the doctor is general and special trauma surgery, orthopedics, geriatric traumatology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Dr. med. Rudiger Neef