Department of orthopaedics and trauma surgery
About the department
The department of orthopaedics and trauma surgery at Academic Hospital Schlosspark Charlottenburg Berlin is the first place where patients with traumas and orthopaedic conditions should address. The orthopaedics and trauma surgery department is well-known for its modern endoprosthetic centre with high-precision instruments and certified surgical equipment. The team is recognized by the German Society for Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery. That's why patients can be confident in their professionalism. In addition to decades of clinical practice, the head of the department leads lectures at the universities of Berlin and shares his experience with other colleagues.
There is a wide range of medical services provided for musculoskeletal disorders. Operations in the areas of the shoulders, knees, hips, and ankles, installation of the artificial knee and hip joints, correction of foot deformities, arthroscopy, and many other interventions are performed. The conservative and surgical (including microsurgical) treatment of spine diseases is one of the specialities. The additional focus is the surgical treatment of tendons and ligament injuries.
Treatment and diagnostic focus of the department
- hip replacement surgery
- knee replacement surgery
- implantation of muscle attachments
- implantation of nerve structures
- acute fractures treatment
- surgical treatment of soft tissue injuries (tearing of tendons, muscles and ligaments)
- therapy of accident consequences (infections)
- minimally invasive operations of the meniscus and ligament injuries (e.g. cruciate ligament plastic)
- arthroscopic shoulder and ankle surgery
- cartilage replacement operations
- cartilage cell transplantation
- reconstruction of hip, knee and shoulder joints
- muscle and tendon reconstruction
- rheumatic orthopaedics
Treatment of acute and chronic spinal diseases:
- intervertebral disc arthroplasty
- disc damages treatment
- spinal canal stenosis treatment
- spinal tumours treatment
- complex vertebral body replacement
Artificial joints installation:
- artificial hip joint
- artificial knee joint
Minimally invasive implantation (AMIS)
- Studied medicine at the Free University of Berlin
- Assistant doctor at the Neukölln Hospital and at the Naemi-Wilke Stift in Guben and later senior physician at the Vivantes. Auguste -Viktoria Clinic and senior senior physician at the Helios Clinic Emil von Behring in Berlin (1992).
- Worked in the Spinal department of the Royal National Orthopedic Hospital in London (1997/98).
- Took place in the clinic for accident and reconstructive surgery of the accident hospital in Berlin (1999/2000).
- Took over the management of the department for orthopaedics and trauma surgery at Park-Clinic Weissensee in 2012 and at the same time, the department for orthopaedics and trauma surgery at Schlosspark Clinic.
- Since 2017 he has devoted himself entirely to the management of the Schlosspark Clinic.
- Professor at the Technical University of Berlin.
- Lecturer at the Institute for Construction, Micro and Medical Technology at the TU Berlin.
- Teaches at the Institute for Machine Design and System Technology at the Technical University of Berlin.
Awards, memberships, publications
- Member of German Society for Orthopedics and Orthopedic Surgery.
- Member of German Spine Society.
- Member of German-speaking working group for arthroscopy.
- Member of Professional Association of Specialists in Orthopedics and Trauma Surgery.
- Member of Association of South German Orthopedists.
- More than 30 publications
- Co-author of 2 books in orthopaedic and trauma surgery