Prof. Dr. med. Frank Giordano
University Hospital Mannheim
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. med. Frank Giordano. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
cell lung cancer
painful vertebral metastases
castrateresistant prostate cancer
- 2000-2007 Studied human medicine at the University of Heidelberg
- 2007 Obtaining a license for medical practice
- 2008 Defense of the dissertation at the University of Heidelberg
- 2010-2012 Fellowship from the Peter and Traudl Engelhorn
- Obtaining specialization in radiology
- 2017 Habilitation and a teaching license in radiation oncology at the Mannheim medical faculty of the University of Heidelberg
- 2016 Received additional qualifications in the field of radiation oncology
- 2018 Else-Kroener Fresenius excellence fellowship
- 2002-2006 Undergraduate Researcher, German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg and Department of hematology and oncology at the University of Heidelberg
- 2006-2007 Undergraduate Researcher in hematology at the Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- 2007 Undergraduate Researcher in immunology at the University of Utrecht
- 2008-2009 Physician Scientist, German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg and Department of hematology and oncology at the University of Heidelberg
- 2009-2014 PostDoc Position, Division of translational oncology at the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg
- 2010-2012 Physician Scientist in translational oncology at the German Cancer Research Center in Heidelberg
- 2012-2016 Radiation Oncologist and Physician Scientist, Department of radiation oncology at the University Hospital Mannheim
- 2015 Head of translational radiation oncology at the University Hospital Mannheim
- 2017 Attending Radiation Oncologist at the Mannheim medical faculty of the University of Heidelberg
- 2018 Vice Chair, Department of radiation oncology at the University Hospital Mannheim
- 2019 Interim Chair, Department of radiation oncology at the University Hospital Mannheim
- 2020-2022 Chair at the University Hospital Bonn
- 2022 Chair, Department of radiation oncology at the University Hospital Mannheim
Awards & Memberships
- 2005 Multiple Travel Awards
- 2013 Anna-Hamann Travel Award from the German Society for Radiation Oncology
- 2015 Translational Science Abstract Award from the American Society for Radiation Oncology
- 2017 Program Coordinator of biomedical engineering at the Mannheim medical faculty, University of Heidelberg
- 2017 Honorary Member of the Spanish Society of Radiation Oncology
- 2019 Member of the steering committee at the Interdisciplinary Tumor Center Mannheim
- Patent holder: “Radiation therapy with immune response monitoring”
Impact of patient nationality on the severity of early side effects after radiotherapy.
Outcome assessment of intraoperative radiotherapy for brain metastases: results of a prospective observational study with comparative matched-pair analysis.
Opportunities and Alternatives of Modern Radiation Oncology and Surgery for the Management of Resectable Brain Metastases.
19 July, 2023
Theodor-Kutzer-Ufer, 1-3, 68167
About this place
Mannheim is a city in the northwestern corner of Baden-Wurttemberg in Germany, rich in culture and nature. The population of Mannh
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Frank Giordano?
The primary specialization of the doctor is radiation oncology.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. med. Frank Giordano
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Frank Giordano
University Hospital Frankfurt am Main of Goethe-University
diagnostic and interventional radiology