Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Neu
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
- Studied human medicine
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Defense of the dissertation
- 1983 Scientific employee at the University Children's Hospital in Tubingen
- 1988 Obtaining specialization in pediatrics
- 1995 Received additional qualifications in the field of diabetology
- 2003 Habilitation and a teaching license: "Diabetes manifestations in children and young people in Baden-Wuerttemberg. Epidemiology - clinic - care"
- 2010 Additional designation in children's endocrinology and children's diabetology
- 1989 Pediatric endocrinology section
- 2003 Lecturer at the University Clinic for Pediatrics and Youth Medicine
- 2010 Adjunct Professor at the University of Tuebingen
- Acting Medical Director of the Department of neuropediatrics and developmental neurology at the University Hospital Tubingen
- Head of the treatment facility for children and adolescents with diabetes mellitus at the University Hospital Tubingen
Awards & Memberships
- 1989 Member of the German Diabetes Society
- 1992 Founding Member of the working group on pediatric diabetology
- 1992 Development and coordination of a diabetes incidence register for Baden-Wuerttemberg
- 1997 State Teaching Prize of the Ministry of Science in Baden-Wuerttemberg, in recognition of new teaching concepts within pediatric training
- 1997 First German publication on diabetes incidence in diabetic children and adolescents in Germany
- 2002 Lecture Prize for the best oral presentation at the Annual meeting of the International Society for Pediatric and Adolescent Diabetes in Graz
- 2003-2005 Board Member of the working group on pediatric diabetology
- 2008-2013 Speaker of the working group on pediatric diabetology
- 2011 Menarini Prize for the project "Incidence of type 1 diabetes in children and adolescents"
- 2013 Guideline Coordinator of the working group for pediatric diabetology
- 2014 Category A Award: "Best of lecturer" at the University Hospital Tubingen
- 2015 Annual Focus "Top Physician" ranking
- 2015 Board Member and Treasurer of the German Diabetes Society
- 2016-2018 Spokesman of the working group in the epidemiology of the German Diabetes Society
- 2018 Awarded the Staufer Medal of the State of Baden-Wuerttemberg
- 2019 Guideline coordinator of the German Diabetes Society
- 2019 Vice President of the German Diabetes Society
Standardizing Blood Pressure Measurements in Pediatric Hemodialysis: a Collaborative Journey.
28 July, 2023
Transition from childhood to adult care in patients with Type 1 diabetes: 20 years of experience from the Tübinger Transition Study.
19 July, 2023
Assessment of potential peritonitis risk factors in pediatric patients receiving maintenance peritoneal dialysis.
8 July, 2023
About this place
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Neu?
The primary specialization of the doctor is pediatrics endocrinology, diabetology, neurology and neuropaediatrics.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. med. Andreas Neu