Department of otolaryngology and plastic surgery
About the department
The department of otolaryngology and plastic surgery at Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin diagnoses and treats ENT diseases. With the help of modern imaging methods and functional diagnostic examinations, local experts can make quick and precise diagnoses and offer targeted therapy quickly to shorten hospital stays. Patients with head and neck diseases receive extensive, evidence-based, and interdisciplinary diagnostics and therapy, which is also coordinated in weekly tumour conferences with the radiotherapeutic and oncological colleagues from the Charité and the Oncological Center Prenzlauer Berg. State-of-the-art endoscopic and microsurgical medical technology and lasers are used in the operations. The department for ear, nose and throat medicine and plastic surgery is located in the quiet and central area of Berlin-Weissensee.
The department offers the entire spectrum of conservative and surgical ear, nose and throat medicine and plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic interventions in the head and neck area. The department is particularly specialized in minimally invasive surgery of the nose, middle ear, salivary glands, and larynx. This includes operations on the paranasal sinuses, the nasal septum, and nose corrections (plastic facial surgery).
Treatment and diagnostic focus of the department
Some diseases treated at the department:
- Diseases of the nose and paranasal sinuses (infections, injuries)
- Tumours of the scalp and facial skin
- Diseases of the salivary glands
- Nasal septum deviation
- Hearing disorders
- Sleep-related respiratory disorders
- Voice and swallowing disorders
Medical services provided at the department:
- Pediatric ENT medicine: e.g. Throat and palatine tonsil operations, tympanic drainages, remedial and hearing-improving middle ear operations, cervical cysts, etc.
- Functional-aesthetic surgery of the nose
- Head and neck tumour surgery (oral cavity, pharynx, larynx, salivary glands, nasal and paranasal sinuses)
- Rehabilitating and hearing-improving ear surgery
- Minimally invasive endoscopic and biostatic surgery of the paranasal sinuses
- Studied Human Medicine, HU Berlin.
- Internship in the USA and the Netherlands.
- Medical and scientific education at Charité.
- Advаnced trаining courses in Otolaryngology.
- 1997 Chief Physician of the Department of Otolaryngology at the Park-Clinic Weißensee.
- Professor at the Humboldt University of Berlin specialized in Otolaryngology.
- 2000 - 2002 President of the North German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- 2011 Deputy Medical Director of the Park-Clinic Weissensee Berlin.
Awards, memberships, publications
- Member of the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery.
- Member of the German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Head and Neck Surgery.
- Member of the North German Society of Otorhinolaryngology, Surgery.
- Member of the American Academy of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (AAFPRS).
- Member of the German Reconstructive Surgery (DGPW).
- Member of the Head and Neck Society of Plastic and European Surgery.
- Author of more than 5 international publications.