Prof. Dr. Yoram Kluger
Rambam Health Care Campus Haifa
About the doctor
Skills & Expertise
50 expert tags for Prof. Dr. Yoram Kluger. Our tools analyze the strengths of the doctor using artificial intelligence. Check the data selected according to the AI policy below.
laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy
trauma life support
blunt abdominal trauma
renal cell carcinoma
minimally invasive surgery
small bowel obstruction
soft tissue infections
- 1980 Studied human medicine at the Hebrew University Hadassah Medical School of Jerusalem
- Obtaining a license for medical practice
- Defense of the dissertation
- Residency, Department of general surgery at the Hadassah Medical Center
- Further training in surgery at the Allegheny Medical Center in Pittsburgh
- Obtaining specialization in general surgery
- Habilitation and a teaching license
- 1982-1985 Served as a doctor in the military forces
- 1988 Lecturer at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical Center
- 1989-1990 Head of the trauma medical service at the Israel Defense Forces
- 1990-1991 Head, Department of surgery at the Hadassah Medical Center
- 1993 Lecturer at the Hebrew University, Hadassah Medical Center
- 1993-1994 Leading Surgeon, Department of surgery at the Hadassah Medical Cente
- 1994-2004 Founder and Director of the Rabin Trauma Center at Tel Aviv Medical Center
- 1996 Assistant of the clinical professor at the Tel Aviv University
- 1996-2002 Commander at the Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, Israel Defense Forces
- 2000 Clinical Assistant Professor at the Tel Aviv University
- 2001-2002 Head of the Department of general surgery at the Sapir Medical Cente
- 2002-2004 Director at Tel Aviv Medical Center
- 2004-2010 Head of the Department of general surgery (B) at the Rambam Health Care Campus
- 2005 Associate Professor at the Ruth and Bruce Rappaport faculty of medicine of the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- 2009-2012 Deputy Head of the Department of general surgery at the Rambam Health Care Campus of Haifa
- 2010 Director, Department of general surgery at the Rambam Health Care Campus of Haifa
- 2011 Medical Director of the pancreatic surgery service at the Rambam Health Care Campus of Haifa
- Chairman of the Department of Surgery, Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
Awards & Memberships
- 1982 Member of the Israel Medical Association
- 1987 Member of the Israeli Trauma Society
- 1987 Active Participant in the Israeli Trauma Society
- 1988 Dean's Prize for excellence in medical work from the Hadassah Medical School
- 1992 Member of the Israeli Surgical Association
- 1992 First Prize for the best scientific report from the Pennsylvania Trauma Systems Foundation: "Increased risk of intracranial injuries due to the blunt closed head injury"
- 1993 Member of the Eastern Trauma Association for the Surgery of Trauma
- 1993 Member of the Panamerican Trauma Society
- 1993 Member of the Israel Society of Critical Care Medicine
- 1995-1997 Secretary of the Israeli Trauma Society
- 1996 First Prize for the best scientific report from the Israeli Trauma Society: "Intraperitoneal injection of methylene blue in fecal peritonitis in rats"
- 1997 Director-General Award for achievements in the medical practice of the Israel Ministry of Health
- 1998-2000 Member of the examination commission for surgery from the Tel Aviv University
- 1998-1999 Member of the Society of Critical Care Medicine of USA
- 1999 Member of the academic council of Israel Defense Forces
- 1999-2010 Member of the Israel Society of Colon and Rectal Surgery
- 2000-2006 Member of the Israeli Society of Breast Diseases
- 2000-2005 Chairman of the education committee from the Israeli Surgical Association
- 2001 Committee Member on fundamental sciences from the academic council of Israel Medical Association
- 2001-2005 Chairman of the examination committee of the academic council from the Israel Medical Association
- 2002 Member of the American College of Surgeons
- 2004 Board Member of the World Society of Emergency Surgery
- 2004 Member of the European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery
- 2004 Committee Member of the Residency Program Review
- 2005 First Prize for the best scientific report from the International Society of Intensive Care Medicine: "A randomized study of the factor VIIa effectiveness in the control of hemorrhages in patients with severe blunt trauma: re-analysis after the excluding of the early death (less than 48 hours)"
- 2006 Board Member of the European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery
- 2006 Best Lecturer Award from the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology
- 2009-2013 Chairman of the training committee from the Israeli Surgical Association
- 2010-2011 Chairman of the council of doctors from the Rambam Health Care Campus of Haifa
- 2010-2011 Head of the forum on general surgery from the Northern District of Israel
- 2010-2013 Board Member of directors for the personnel management at the Rambam Health Care Campus of Haifa
- 2011 Prize for the best research project from the Rambam Health Care Campus: "The availability of alcohol dispensers as a factor in the improvement of hand hygiene quality among the medical personnel"
- 2011 First Prize for the best scientific report from the Israeli Surgical Society: "Electronic monitoring and feedback as factors for improvement of hand hygiene quality among the medical personnel of the Department of surgery"
- 2012 Chairman of the steering committee on the postgraduate program in traumatology from the Israeli Trauma Society
- 2012 Dean's Prize for excellence in educational activities
- 2012 Award for the scientific report from the European Society for Trauma and Emergency Surgery: "Electronic observation and feedback as factors for improvement of hand hygiene quality among the medical personnel of the Department of Surgery"
- 2012-2014 National Committee Member from the Ministry of Health of Israel
- 2013 Member of the European Society of Surgical Oncology
- 2013 One of the top ten research projects from the Israel Medical Association Journal: "Diagnostics of colon cancer in younger and older patients, regardless of patient's complaints"
- 2014 Member of the Recurrent Hepatocellular Carcinoma Pancreatic Disease Research Consortium
- Prize for the best scientific report
- Israeli Delegate to the European Society for Emergency Surgery and Trauma
- Recognized worldwide for his research on medical preparedness and medical infrastructure management in mass casualty situations
HaAliya HaShniya St, 8, 3109601
About this place
Haifa is one of Israel's largest and most exciting cities, the main port and commercial and administrative center of the country's
What is the specialization of Prof. Dr. Yoram Kluger?
The primary specialization of the doctor is general surgery.
What is the experience of the specialist?
Prof. Dr. Yoram Kluger
Get individual treatment plan and cost estimate. Non-binding 100% free assessment
© Prof. Dr. Yoram Kluger